How does the MyCE ranking system work!?

vbimport

Holy SH1T! I’ve just realised I’m now a senior member on Club MyCE! :eek:

This left me flummoxed. I don’t feel I’ve really contributed, nor do I feel I’ve been here a long time. I’m honoured, but I don’t understand how does it work. Does it work on how many posts you do like on Yahoo Answers*? If people nominate you? Someone please explain :confused:

*(For those that don’t know, Yahoo Answers is a question and answering forum where you can ask a question on near enough anything you like - You more responses you give to questions gets you more points, whilst asking questions will detract them. If your answer is voted as a best answer, you get an additional 10 points, etc.)

I believe it is done on post count alone Chad_Bronson.

To gain entry to the Resident’s Lounge however, I believe you have to have a minimum number of posts (not that many) and be a member for three years.

Oh… Is it? :confused: Do you know how many they are per rank?

I mean to get to Senior Member, do you need like 100 posts
Moderater 500?
etc?

No, moderators are not chosen on post count…just the [B]member[/B] rankings. I don’t know how many posts you need for the various member rankings though…some of the other mods or admins might.

To become a moderator you have to be here a while, have some needed expertise (or fake it real well like me), and be invited by the management and administrators. At that point you are appointed as a provisional moderator for about a month or so, and then make it to moderator status.

There are several ranks even among the staff, but going up through the ranks of the moderators and becoming an admin depends quite a lot on your continued involvement in the site.

Ahhh, now I see… Basically, just put my continued effort to work my way up through the ranks, like posts, threads, etc… So to be a moderator / or an administrator perhaps, you need to be nominated for it, often through contributing a lot to Club MyCE?

Hmm, well regarding my expertese I’m not quite sure where I lie, it would have to be centered around the bargain centre for optical media and good dyes bad dyes, but I can’t interpret the graphs! :eek: So I can’t initally suggest I am an “expert” in that field…

Still, cheers for the heads up :slight_smile:

The post count means nothing.

I see. Hmm, must it be something I’ve done or said that’s made me go through the rankings? I can’t think why, for example, I’ve gone from Rookie to Senior Member was all :stuck_out_tongue:

^^Not exactly true Mr. B. Post count does change the member’s title. The titles themselves have very little meaning, that much[B] is[/B] true.

From the rules and guidelines thread written by Da_Taxman:

[I]What user levels are there and what do they mean? When you have posted a certain amount of posts your user status will automatically change. You will get no extras on this forum when you attain a new user status, it is in name only. However, a user status may indicate how involved you are. However, please be aware that, as the user titles are only linked to the number of posts, the user status gives little indication of the user’s technical merits (people with a few posts may still be a technical expert, whereas people with many posts may simply be chatters in the Living Room forum). The more you have posted and participated in discussions on this forum, the more we expect of you to abide by the rules and guidelines of this forum. You can not edit your own user status, this option has been disabled. Certain users have been granted custom user titles on the basis of their contribution to CD Freaks (not by request).[/I]

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2584200]I see. Hmm, must it be something I’ve done or said that’s made me go through the rankings? I can’t think why, for example, I’ve gone from Rookie to Senior Member was all :p[/QUOTE] It’s just a number. The forum system gives certain names to certain post count levels. They could have also chosen “duck” and “cow” instead of Rookie and Senior Member. :slight_smile:

Ohhh, now I understand, cheers to both :slight_smile: Just basically means how much you’ve much you’ve contributed, no worries on that front :slight_smile:

What’s the maximum, therefore, I could reasonably achieve? No doubt Kerry56 has been in this game for sometime to become a moderator; I’m still a bit of an underdog in rankings, haha :wink:

Take a look at Mr. B.'s title there: [I]MyCE Resident[/I] After 17,529 posts, he has maxed out the system’s titles and did so a long time ago.
He is also a former moderator on the forums I believe, having seen some of his posts in the moderator forum.

Maybe we should nominate him for a custom title? We should start accepting entries. :bigsmile: I would suggest Resident Grump, but I’m saving that one for myself. :wink:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2584207]Take a look at Mr. B.'s title there: [I]MyCE Resident[/I] After 17,529 posts, he has maxed out the system’s titles and did so a long time ago.
He is also a former moderator on the forums I believe, having seen some of his posts in the moderator forum.

Maybe we should nominate him for a custom title? We should start accepting entries. :bigsmile: I would suggest Resident Grump, but I’m saving that one for myself. ;)[/QUOTE]
Am i that grumpy? :slight_smile:

I don’t want a title. Neither do i think i’ll get one, because me and management weren’t best friends back then. :slight_smile:

17 thousand already… It feels like 10 thousand though…

so many people eager to learn… so little time…

[I]"Ask Mr. Belvadere’s three main priorities for Government, and he will tell you. Education, education, eductation.[/I]

Sorry, just had to slip that one in there :bigsmile:

I didn’t think MyCE’s highest title was resident, but I stand corrected! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2584206]Ohhh, now I understand, cheers to both :slight_smile: Just basically means how much you’ve much you’ve contributed, no worries on that front :slight_smile:

What’s the maximum, therefore, I could reasonably achieve? No doubt Kerry56 has been in this game for sometime to become a moderator; I’m still a bit of an underdog in rankings, haha ;)[/QUOTE]

The maximum is ‘MyCE Resident’ which you get after 500 posts but you also have to have been registered for at least three years.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wow :smiley: I’ll work towards that, cheers Wombler for going in for the kill :flower:

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2584218][I]"Ask Mr. Belvadere’s three main priorities for Government, and he will tell you. Education, education, eductation.[/I]

Sorry, just had to slip that one in there :bigsmile: [/quote] You could start by spelling my nickname correctly :slight_smile:

Yo-

And then to qualify for the ‘old fart’ status - you must be like 1000 years old…

At least that is what tax said…

Mr. Belvedere,

I do apologise. :doh:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2584316]Yo-

And then to qualify for the ‘old fart’ status - you must be like 1000 years old…

At least that is what tax said…[/QUOTE] Only he can know :slight_smile:

No worries Chad, was just messing with you. :slight_smile:

:eek: Don’t do that, I take things a tad to literally :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue: