I have a Pioneer 115D. Its maybe a year old if that, and it has performed amazingly. Of course I cross flashed it in to a 115L for bit setting support and so forth. The other day I pulled out some old mix cds I made years ago that had been through heel and back. I thought there was no way anything could read through the scratches, and to my surprise my 115D read through it with about 95% or higher success rate, and the other 5% or less that didnt duplicate perfectly were one second spots that skip.
Anyways moving on with my point, sadly this drive is bound to die on me sooner or later as it has problems ejecting so a mechanical failure is imminent. I am getting ready to upgrade to an i7 set up, and will obviously need a new burner. So how does the 216 stack up to the 115?