How does Pinnacle Instant Copy rate?

I’m asking these question to everyone who has purchased and used Pinnacle’s Instant Copy:

1. How does it compare to DVD X COPY? Better or worse?
  2. How does it compare to DVD2One? Better or worse?
  3. Do you need it to you use a third party software such as SMARTRIPPER or DVDDecrypter before backing up a DVD? Or does IC backup DVDs without needing to decrypt first?

Thanks very much.:bow:

1. How does it compare to DVD X COPY?
    Better

2. How does it compare to DVD2One?
    I think its slower but better for 1:1 Copy with extras.

3. Do you need it to you use a third party software such as SMARTRIPPER or DVDDecrypter before backing up a DVD? Or does IC backup DVDs without needing to decrypt first?

Yes you need a third party tool for ripping. Only free DVDs can be readed from IC directly…

DVD2One is fast and good it is you DVD not a Season DVD Like Friends, Stargate, Star Trek TNG.

I hope i tell you what you want to know…
:cop:

First of all thanks for your reply.
I have another question.
Does IC create DVDs from a file on your hard drive?
Thanks again.

Do you need a third party software like NERO to do the actual burning?
Thanks again.:bow:

Originally posted by Plexor
I have another question.
Does IC create DVDs from a file on your hard drive?
Thanks again.

Yes.

Do you need a third party software like NERO to do the actual burning?

No. But if you want more control, you can let IC save to your harddrive, convert or extract the .pdi to a VIDEO_TS folder an then burn it.

Thanks for your reply. :bow:

TWOWAYS:

dvd2one used with ifoedit95 makes seasons dvd’s just fine!

I’ve done stargate season one and two.

Breezy, been looking everywhere how to do this on Ifo/dvd2one.

Can you explain how to do or point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Rob J

Hi

my way to record DVDs that are episodes is:

1. rip the movie to your hard disk.
  2. Go to the directory where you have ripped the disk and delete all *.ifo files you find there.
  3. Start IFOEDIT
  4. Click on “create ifo” click on “one PGC only”. Click on “create chapter for each cell”. Click the square to the right “1st Vob of the title set” box and find the directory on your hard disk that you have ripped the movie to. The 1st Vob of the title set is probably the first 1gig size Vob file - maybe VTS_01_1.VOB. Click on “same as source” for the destination of the new IFO. Click OK and Ifoedit will analyze all your Vob files and create one new ifo file.
  5. Use DVD2ONE to compress.
  6. Burn to a DVD.
  7. Possibly now you can enjoy it! Hopefully.

I’ve used this method with Six Feet Under four DVD with 3 or 4 episodes each one, and it worked for the 4.

i rate it a lot dvd2one is ok if all you want is just the main movie but as soon as you try tv stuff it gets tricky there are ways around but

why not just use instant copy 7 works great as easy as nero to use and you can decide what parts of the dvd you want to keep

downside is it takes approx 4X longer to work

but the demo version works just as good with dvd-r so just give it a go (for 15 days) theres not a lot more you could want from a cheap software app