How does one cirumvent fake sized VOB files?

ISOBuster will read from either file system on the disc. Maybe only one is corrupted/incorrect. It will also extract the files using either ISO9660 or UDF.

ISOBuster confirmed that the disk is in fact a hybrid. It has a “ISO” section, “UDF” section and “IFO” section, all of which appears to have the same data.

Any guidance you can provide with detecting which is the stuff to go after?

ok, I was a little unclear on the source of the DVD. Dvd Studio Pro has the capability to produce various types of protection, and this may be one of them.

Let’s try RipIt4Me first to see if it works. If not use ISOBuster as suggested to read one of the file systems. Based on post #10, I’d probably extract all the VIDEO_TS., VTS_01_., VTS_02_.* and VTS_33_. files. Then reauthor it to make it working again. I assume VTS 1 and 2 are some small video. Or simply extract VTS_33_. and reauthor with your own menu.

This is what I intend to do on a last case scenario to make my own menu. I’d like to keep the existing menu as there a ton of people competing, and as a result each have their own chapter they setup already for us (I think it was 88 or so). I’d rather not have to redo all that if possible…

Although, I understand the point you are trying to make and will obviously consider it if there are no other options available to me.

It looks like this may be the copy protection they used? It is a Mr. Video DVD.

http://www.fortiumtech.com/patronus_dvd-anti-rip-copy-protection.aspx

They are the first testimonial.

[QUOTE=lahnipm;2286040]ISOBuster confirmed that the disk is in fact a hybrid. It has a “ISO” section, “UDF” section and “IFO” section, all of which appears to have the same data.

Any guidance you can provide with detecting which is the stuff to go after?[/QUOTE]

Based on the luck you’ve had with other attempts, I’d be happy if ISOBuster will rip anything from that disc. Start with ISO, and work your way through the options.

If you get anything, we’ll piece it together later.

And, yes, that Patronus could very well be the source of your problem. Since it doesn’t seem to be widespread yet, programmers like Fengtao haven’t tackled it yet, and probably won’t, unless the major studios adopt it as a ‘standard’ protection.

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

You can retain the original menus. Let me know the result of using RipIt4Me - it’s a frontend for Dvd Decrypter but does lots more. Or second method with IsoBuster if RipIt4Me fails.

As long as you can obtain the files I mentioned in post #43, you can make a working DVD using different tools.

[QUOTE=lahnipm;2286040]ISOBuster confirmed that the disk is in fact a hybrid. It has a “ISO” section, “UDF” section and “IFO” section, all of which appears to have the same data.

Any guidance you can provide with detecting which is the stuff to go after?[/QUOTE]My suggestion was based on the idea that one of the file systems was corrupted. If UDF and ISO show the same data, it is probably a protection. Try RI4ME first, it will be easier if it works. If it doesn’t, you can always come back to ISOBuster and see what it can extract.

Disk 1, which is the performance seems to work wonderfully with Ripit4Me! I just had to select Movie+menus and it did the rest.

Disk 2, however, is proving to be more difficult. Selecting Movie+menus again like Disk 1 is giving me the following popup:

Warning: DVD seems to be episodic with episodes in different VTS. You should rip in Full DVD or ISO mode, otherwise you will end up with only one episode.

Now, if I rip in Full DVD or ISO, the estimated size of the final DVD is 122172 MB, which I do not have room to extract. Switching to Movie+menus gives me the correct size but doesn’t complete properly. It keeps thinking it hasn’t found the movie itself.

I’m going through the different titles now if I can pick the correct one. I find it quite curious that it worked without a hiccup on Disk 1, but causing me fits on Disk 2.

Wow, all I had to do was pick the right title set that time, guess it didn’t detect it like last time. I’m good to go! Thank you everyone for your time, effort and suggestions.

I really do appreciate it!