How do you use a cdrom?

How do you open up a cdrom? I tried to jam it with a pen, tried kicking it, and tried stabbing it, but it just won’t open.

Please help.

:eek: :eek:

assuming you mean a computer cd-rom player :

Well ,you attach some power to it and press the eject button.

If that fails you have to disconnect the power to it , look for a tiny little hole in which a bent paperclip fits perfectly… push a bent paperclip in it and it should open

if that fails , remove the cdplayer from it’s surrounding cabinet then proceed to open up the cdrom case itself (note that this voice the warranty) , remove the top print carefully and take out the cd

Considering that you already “kicked and Stabbed it”, Warranty may not be an issue here. If all of the above does not work… Bring it to your local Metal shop and have them cut it in half for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then look into a vacation Here :smiley:

Originally posted by Jack_Hoffman
[B]How do you open up a cdrom? I tried to jam it with a pen, tried kicking it, and tried stabbing it, but it just won’t open.

Please help. [/B]

Having used the above time proven methods, I suggest you try a gentler approach. . . perhaps a little wine, some soft music, and a lot of sweet talk :stuck_out_tongue: In rare instances simply uttering the magic phrase “Open Sesame”, works. :wink:

Originally posted by Prowler
Having used the above time proven methods, I suggest you try a gentler approach. . . perhaps a little wine, some soft music, and a lot of sweet talk :stuck_out_tongue: In rare instances simply uttering the magic phrase “Open Sesame”, works. :wink:

LOL, try not to be nervous, they can smell your fear.

On a more serious note, do you want to give some more details ?
such as is the CDROM new ?
Has it opened before and now stopped ?
do you know how to open it in general ?
have you tried Mr B’s paper clip method, (making sure the power is OFF)
what brand is it ?

This must be the best question ever given on these forums!
Very good question. The usual approach would be to push the button at the right side of the unit. If it is a slimdrive the button would be in the middle.

If that didn’t work (I assume it didn’t), you use the emergency eject hole. I assume that didn’t work either.

Kicking it is a often succesfull technique, however it is rare that it works with cd-rom units.

Have you tried using a chainsaw, a spear, or any other form of sharp weapon, try using that instead. A sledgehammer, screwdriver, VCR remote may also do the trick.

(note: sarcasm)
I know I’m not helping but this was fun :cool: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Airhead
[B]Have you tried using a chainsaw, a spear, or any other form of sharp weapon, try using that instead. A sledgehammer, screwdriver, VCR remote may also do the trick.

(note: sarcasm)
I know I’m not helping but this was fun :cool: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: [/B]

ROFLMAO :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: :bow:

Ok guys, there a few methods for getting the cd out, push the button in front of the cd-rom drive like mad for a few seconds, that doesnt work follow the paperclip rule, and if that doesnt work either then disassemble it (ONLY IF NECESSARY)).

If that scares you, take it to a computer shop and have them do it.