How do you manually finalize a disc?

vbimport

I had a problem with the Nero 7 software. Today I just bought a new Lite-On DVD-RAM which supports DVD+/-R DL discs. I also bought a Mitsubishi DVD+R DL disc. Now I tried to burn something that is around 7gb however nero 7 failed to perform disc-at-once when it has burned 100% of the data. Now I want to noe this. How can i finalize the disc? The disc is incomplete and i want to manually finalize it. This shouldn’t be a biggy. I also downloaded a software known as ImgBurn. I got it today and i don’t noe wat to do wit it. It supposed to help me with DVD R DL discs. If it can finalize the discs i would be grateful.

Please help.

P.S. I found a post here which has the same problem and similar: Failed Finalization. But personally it doesn’t say much and it is discussing something else. Another guy had the same problem: DVD +R DL Burn Failed Disc-at-once at end. It’s only talking about the problem which i had. I just simply want to finalize my nearly-burned disc. Bye bye.

In ImgBurn, click Tools -> Drive -> Close Track / Session / Disc.

ROFL. BEAUTIFUL. Thx a lot man :p, well you are the guy who invented imgburn rite?

For other people ImgBurn is a must to have piece of software. I truly recommend it (many other people recommend it as well). Anyways Cyas. Once again thx a million.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;1612319]In ImgBurn, click Tools -> Drive -> Close Track / Session / Disc.[/QUOTE]

I have a DVD-R video disk that will not finalize. It was in my Sony camcorder and my daughter opened the door before we could finalize it. The DVD recorder now tells me disk error. I downloaded ImgBurn and have tried the above instructions but it says, “Medium Not Present”. Any help? The DVD has Christmas and my 4 year old’s dance recital. I am heartbroken. Thanks!

[QUOTE=FireTopRed;2305821]I have a DVD-R video disk that will not finalize. It was in my Sony camcorder and my daughter opened the door before we could finalize it. The DVD recorder now tells me disk error. I downloaded ImgBurn and have tried the above instructions but it says, “Medium Not Present”. Any help? The DVD has Christmas and my 4 year old’s dance recital. I am heartbroken. Thanks![/QUOTE]
You may need data recovery software like ISO Buster or ISO Puzzle to access the video.

I would have to agree with some of the above. There are only three programs i need or use. ImgBurn to burn or create disks/iso. ConvertXtoDVD is great for changing avi, divx and Xvid and burning into a disk that can be played on most dvd players. Occasionally , i may want to combine some files (like combining to avi files). So, i bought " AVI Joiner" works great. All of these have very simple interface and are so simple to use. All have free downloads to try out, and if u like, they are cheap to buy.
One final thing, i use " VLC viewer" to view these files to make sure video is good and file not corrupted. Its free and soots the purpose.
I came here to find the answer to finalizing DVD, also, but my dvd burner seems to know if its a rewritable or not and doesnt finalize unless you tell it to. check settings before u burn. Sure there is a way to finalize.

This thread was a life saver!!! I burnt a whole bunch of movies using CloneDVD and for some reason it didn’t close the disc so I wasn’t able to watch the DVD’s on anything other then my PC…This is an amazing informative website that I will definitely mention to friends and family

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;1612319]In ImgBurn, click Tools -> Drive -> Close Track / Session / Disc.[/QUOTE]I have ~1/2 dozen CDRW disks that have been used to copy music CDs. They will not play in my Pioneer PD-F1007 301 CD player, says No Disc. It’s been suggested that if I close (finalize?) the discs they will play. I went into Imgburn and did as indicated in your quote (Disc, Session or Track) and get this error:

I/O Error!

Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U10N 1.05 (O:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 5B 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Close Track/Session

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 5B 00 00 90 24 00 00 C0 00 01

SK Interpretation: Illegal Request
ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Invalid Field in CDB

[Retry] [Cancel]

Copy and paste the disc info from the box on the right when you’re in Read mode with one of those discs in the drive please.

Hi, I have the very same problem. Incomplete CD. And closing Track/Session/CD always end up in error message.

Here are the details on the right side:

hp DVDRAM GT50N MP00 (ATAPI)
Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Empty
Erasable: No
Sessions: 2
Sectors: 309,304
Size: 633,454,592 bytes
Time: 68:46:04 (MM:SS:FF)
Free Sectors: 39,139
Free Space: 80,156,672 bytes
Free Time: 08:43:64 (MM:SS:FF)
Next Writable Address: 320704
MID: 97m15s17f (Ritek Co.)
Supported Read Speeds: 10x, 16x, 20x, 24x

File System Information:
Sectors: 308,882
Size: 632,590,336 bytes
Time: 68:40:32 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> Track 01 (Mode 2, Form 1, LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 309304 / 68:46:04)

Track Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, LTS: 309302, LRA: 0)

ATIP Information:
Disc ID: 97m15s17f
Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Start Time of LeadIn: 97m15s17f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s70f

Please help and Thanks!

You’ll have to burn something else to the disc.

There is no way adding something else using ImgBurn. Using Build mode, the burn button at the bottom is disabled.

Using other software produce unhandled exception, crashed it. :slight_smile:

Is “Ritek” the root cause? I’ll avoid their product.

I figured you were using another program anyway as there’s no way to not finalise a disc in ImgBurn.

Have you tried just using Windows explorer to do it?

If the disc isn’t intentionally multisession, something about closing the track / session / disc may have failed and that’s why you’ve been left with a multisession disc. The log from that burn (if one exists) would tell us more.

The disc was burned using Windows Explorer. The manual said, after the disc is ejected, the process is finish.

Testing it on DVD Players, one very slow reading, the others failed just no disc or bad disc.

so I install ImgBurn to see what went wrong. There I could see that the disc is incomplete.

I should have download and install imgburn in the first place.

No, there is no way in Windows Explorer also. It consider it done, complete. I wonder why.

Anyway, for me this is closed. I burn the same to another CD with ImgBurn.

One lesson for me: should have stayed using trusted software, that is ImgBurn.

Thank you for your help.

I figured you were using another program anyway as there’s no way to not finalise a disc in ImgBurn.

Firstly I would like to thank you for your excellent program.
I have burnt about 15 Blue Ray data discs in a row without any problems whatsoever. However the 16th failed to burn the last (18th) track completely and hung.Eventually I had to go into Task Manager to close the Program and eject the disc.
I have tried to finalise the disc, while in each different mode but get the message :
Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible format.
When I put the Program in READ mode
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N C106 (SATA)
Current Profile: BD-R

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
MID: CMCMAG-BA5-000
Supported Read Speeds: 4x, 4.8x, 6x

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 1)

Track Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, LTS: 12219392, LRA: 0)
Disc Definition Structure:
Certified: No
Scanned: No
Manufacturers Name: HL-DT-ST
Additional ID: BD-RE BH20N
Serial Number: K558AOF0724

BD Disc Information:
Disc ID: CMCMAG-BA5-000
Disc Type: BD-R
Disc Size: 120 mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Number of Layers: 1
Layer Type: Writable
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50 nm (25 GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Positive
Recorded Mark Polarity: HTL
BCA Present: Yes
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
First PAA of Data Zone: 131,072
Last PAA of Data Zone: 1,658,494

Is this disc Finalised or how do I Finalise it?

Those two lines would say “incomplete” if the drive saw that it could write to the disc. So the attempt to finalize the disc effectively worked – or at the least, this writer thinks so.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I don’t have a blue ray player myself to check it but I’ll send it to my friend in Canada anyway. If it doesn’t play okay,I will let you know.This mightn’t be for a few weeks as I just sent him 8 blue ray discs yesterday.
Thanks again.

Hi, Just letting you know that you were correct. My friend in Canada informed me that the disc plays perfectly.Thanks again.

Glad to hear it! :slight_smile: