How do you label your discs?

Do you write on your discs small and neat or big and kinda messy. I do it Big and kinda messy. Just looks better to me. How about you?

I use a label maker. I know they say not to but I have never had an issue in years.

Same here and it’s better and easies to locate the disc/movie by an image :wink: not counting looks :bigsmile:

I buy printable disks and print them on my inkjet printer. Looks even better.

staedtler do a product called turn and write which is a stencil and pen.look on their web site for details…turn-and-write.com

Black Sharpie, using my own hand; block letters. :slight_smile:

-IP

I have bought this CD stomper PRO pack/kit for CD/DVD labelling…anyone ever use it please? It’s an AVERY product and includes stomper pro applicator design software, labels etc. and I read the advice about problems but am still wondering as I would like something quick and simple that won’t give me grief in playback etc…
thanks
angie

I have been using HUB labels that I print myself. Limited text but enough to identify them when out of the DVD case. Never had a problem.

[QUOTE=angie.j;2194522]I have bought this CD stomper PRO pack/kit for CD/DVD labelling…anyone ever use it please? It’s an AVERY product and includes stomper pro applicator design software, labels etc. and I read the advice about problems but am still wondering as I would like something quick and simple that won’t give me grief in playback etc…
thanks
angie[/QUOTE]
The consensus has always been to steer clear of “labels” and to use printable discs like GregiBoy or sharpies like most of us.
I just took a look a Amazon and this product got 3.5 stars out of 5 (27 reviews).
Might be worthwhile to take a look:
http://www.amazon.com/Avery-98107-CD-Stomper-Applicator-Software/dp/B00006B8GK.

90312 knows what he’s doing.
He uses labels and has no problems.
Myself, I reproduce the jackets for the cases so I just use a sharpie on the discs.

[Edit] Hey, there’s another vote ^ for labels while I was posting…:wink:

[QUOTE=maineman;2194553]The consensus has always been to steer clear of “labels” and to use printable discs like GregiBoy or sharpies like most of us.
I just took a look a Amazon and this product got 3.5 stars out of 5 (27 reviews).
Might be worthwhile to take a look:
http://www.amazon.com/Avery-98107-CD-Stomper-Applicator-Software/dp/B00006B8GK.

90312 knows what he’s doing.
He uses labels and has no problems.
Myself, I reproduce the jackets for the cases so I just use a sharpie on the discs.

[Edit] Hey, there’s another vote ^ for labels while I was posting…;)[/QUOTE]

I do somewhat the same as Maineman - I reproduce Jacket covers and print them on my ink-jet.

For the disks, I have a friend who works for a printer - he gets me professional CD-DVD labels that I affix and then print, again with my ink-jet.

With 3 kids and 1 grand-kid running around here, a quick way to identify both DVD and the case it goes in are imperative!

After 2 years of doing it this way, not one problem to report (despite the Mfr. admonisions not to do that).

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=angie.j;2194522]I have bought this CD stomper PRO pack/kit for CD/DVD labelling…anyone ever use it please? It’s an AVERY product and includes stomper pro applicator design software, labels etc. and I read the advice about problems but am still wondering as I would like something quick and simple that won’t give me grief in playback etc…
thanks
angie[/QUOTE]

That is very similar to what most of us that use labels do use. The big thing is to keep them centered, I use an empty disk spindle for that. Put the label on sticky side up and then drop the disk on. You can get the disk out of balance if it is too far off to one side.Then be sure edge is adhered all the way around. You don’t want the label to separate and smack the laser around. With a little caution you should be fine.

Thanks for all good advice which is much appreciated but what are ‘sharpies’ please? And where do you buy them please?
Angie

[QUOTE=angie.j;2194691]Thanks for all good advice which is much appreciated but what are ‘sharpies’ please? And where do you buy them please?
Angie[/QUOTE]

Permanent Markers. You can find them almost anywhere. tey are cheap too but make sure you get the fine point.

[quote=maineman;2194553]Myself, I reproduce the jackets for the cases so I just use a sharpie on the discs.

[Edit] Hey, there’s another vote ^ for labels while I was posting…;)[/quote]Bingo. I use the slim DVD (half size) cases and print out my own DVD cover. CDUNIVERSE.com is a good source of graphics for your covers.

-IP

I use Lightscribe and have never had a problem with them

Sharpie ultra fine point permanent marker and I print small.

Connecticut votes Sharpies!!

Sharpies are alcohol-based.

If anyone would send me Dixon Redisharp Plus fine-point markers, I could pay for it, shipping and something a bit extra on top.

I’m in Canada and retailers in the States don’t believe in international shipping and Canadian retailers who sell CD markers have decided to only sell Sharpies or nothing at all. I think they want you to use crayons. :frowning:

[QUOTE=Zathros;2194764]Connecticut votes Sharpies!![/QUOTE]
Ex-Conns vote sharpies too!..:bigsmile:
I’ve never been into vanity license plates much, but I’ve always wanted one that said [B]Ex-Conn[/B] (lived in CT for 37 years).

The wife doesn’t see it my way.
They’ll be no livin’ with her…:eek:

I use the new Verbatim DL litescribe discs or Verbatim DVD-R Color background litescribe discs. I also use the slim cases by Memorex in various colors i.e. red for action, blue for chicflics, etc.

Tried the labels but they became a pain. I have not found a good source for full size covers yet. Using Acoutica label maker for jacket covers and it works great!