How do you know?

If you are using anydvd and clonedvd how do you know that you should use the anydvd ripper before you run clonedvd or if you can use clonedvd directly from the DVD? In otherwords how do you know if a movie has ripguard or arccos before you use clonedvd?

You can use the info window within anydvd before you burn. Are you refering how to get this :

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.0.5.0) 
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 

Media is a Data DVD. 
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite) 
Size of first Layer: 2063344 sectors (4029 MBytes) 
Total size: 4123424 sectors (8053 MBytes) 

Video DVD (or CD) label: UNITED_93 
Media is CSS protected! 
Video Standard: NTSC 
Media is locked to region(s): 1! 

RCE protection not found. 
Found & removed wrong DVD structure! 
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection! 
Found & removed error zones between files! 
Found & removed invalid VOBUs! 
Found & removed invalid program from program chain! 
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1! 
Autorun not found on Video DVD. 
Found & removed 4 bad sector protections! 
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

You don’t need to use the AnyDVD ripper with CloneDVD.

Let me clarify my question. I use CloneDVD to rip a movie only to my hard drive, with the audio I want, subtitles I want before I use XviD or DivX. So normally my process looks like this.

AnyDVD(in background)->CloneDVD(to hard Disk)->DivX

But with movies that use RipGuard or Arccos I must first rip them to my hard Drive (so that AnyDVD will run FixVTS on them) then run CloneDVD on it so the process for these movies looks like this.

AnyDVD(in background)->AnyDVD(ripper)->CloneDVD(to hard Disk)->DivX

Is this incorrect, if I am using CloneDVD do I ever need to rip a DVD with AnyDVD first?

If I do need to rip with AnyDVD how do I know that I should follow the second process and not the first? Ya know:

if (???)
–then
----AnyDVD(in background)->CloneDVD(to hard Disk)->DivX
–else
----AnyDVD(in background)->AnyDVD(ripper)->CloneDVD(to hard Disk)->DivX

if you are using clonedvd you do not need to rip first unless you encounter problems with the ripping proocess (which is unlikely when using the anydvd and clonedvd combo)

anydvd’s inclusion of FixVTS was meant to rectify issues with many programs that are either poorly updated (nero) or no longer updated due to legal reasons (shrink). Clonedvd should handle the structures and correct problems on its own just fine provided you have the up to date versions of anydvd and clonedvd from www.slysoft.com.

Thanks, I did not know that. I assumed that if it was ripguard or arccos that I needed to do a full rip first. AnyDVD and CloneDVD were better than I thought!

as i said this should be the case in MOST situations. if you run into a problem I’d recommend trying your old way (rip with anydvd first then process) before worrying about anything though.

AnyDVD ripper is not needed for CloneDVD.