How do you insert a VOB?

vbimport

I have a number of those Dolby Digital .vobs on my PC and was wondering how to insert them correctly on my movies. Any reply is greatly appreciated… :cool:

Originally posted by Ruffrob
I have a number of those Dolby Digital .vobs on my PC and was wondering how to insert them correctly on my movies. Any reply is greatly appreciated… :cool:

TMPGEnc DVD Author does this job queit easy,
as long you are using MPEG2 material, which vob’s are !
you can also add menu’s, or use instead DVDlab, lookout
for this one, it tends to have a “Pro” GUI…

Thanks,Fugitive,for the tip. DVD Author is the greatest,but now with the 1.30 version of dvd2-one,it can be joined effortlessly… :cool:

Thanks,Fugitive,for the tip. DVD Author is the greatest,but now with the 1.30 version of dvd2-one,it can be joined effortlessly… :cool:

Yes, this one i have also, but the “join” feature is fairly new,
and i didn’t try that, yet… but i guess it merges also two
ifo’s together ? or use the “bare” VOB’s ? i didn’t look for it just
now, but i’ll try it soon, then i’ll join my Armagedon “flipper” :slight_smile:

Fugitive,I asked about that feature on the support forum,and to make a long story short,I still can’t get a straight answer on
how to create a title set from a single .vob,so that it can be joined at the beginning of my discs,any clues???

If you have a single VOB file (I assume its an intro type clip) with no IFO file etc, then use IFOEdit to create an IFO file for you. The you can use DVD2One with that VOB set with a normal DVD using the new Join feature.

Fugitive,I asked about that feature on the support forum,and to make a long story short,I still can’t get a straight answer on
how to create a title set from a single .vob,so that it can be joined at the beginning of my discs,any clues???

To get back on your first question: what do you mean with “my movies” ?
Are these copied movies, or are these from your DV camcorder ?
or are these a collection of vob’s (without a .IFO with them) ?

you gave little info on this, could you describe your “project”
this would be easier to answer for anybody

Sorry for the clueless statement,I mean the’copied’ backed up movies that I wanted to put the intro at the beginning. I attempted to follow CM 's instruction with the latest ‘IfoEdit’,but keeps telling me ‘no vob files’ as if it needed something additional. Now ,I’m clueless

Sorry for the clueless statement,I mean the’copied’ backed up movies that I wanted to put the intro at the beginning. I attempted to follow CM 's instruction with the latest ‘IfoEdit’,but keeps telling me ‘no vob files’ as if it needed something additional. Now ,I’m clueless

The only way i can come up with, is, to put all vob’s in a new
VIDEO_TS folder, you loose the original menu structure this way,
because you make your own with TMPGEnc. Author DVD.

I tried also with Ifoedit to do some editing, but the only thing
i could do was to correct the aspect ratio, from a “copy”
the trouble is i understand, that when you change one thing,
you also have to “correct” other things, to make it working…
i gave up for now… the extensive use of IfoEdit, i now use it mainly, to check, if “dvd projects” will run before i burn them.

Run IFOEdit, then click the Create IFO’s button, load in the 1st VOB file if its vob set, and proceed from there. There is a Tutorial on IFOEdits home site on how to do it all.

Originally posted by Fugitive

TMPGEnc DVD Author does this job quite easy,

This was the key that you let me know ,
early on,but I missed,but fortunately,i went back to it,and guess what,it worked,
making a structured .vob set with a few clicks,however,since it gave me a few warnings.it may not burn correctly. Nero
might warn me when I try to burn it,I’ll edit this post at the end of the test…:confused: One thing though,TMPG ENC D.A, has a habit of making a sub-folder called 'Volume 1,seen when joined
to the VIDEO_TS of the movie you attach it to, This 'Volume 1" has it’s own A/V _TS,and I’m wondering if this will be attached in the proper fashion. At this point, Nero didn’t seem to mind that Volume 1.so it might work…:slight_smile: It didn’t work,it only saw the Dolby Digital .vob
at the beginning,but wouldn’t advance to the movie,it even showed the default
menu,but no movie,so I think that Volume 1 from TMPG hindered my project.I’m going to have to add my picture to that sub-folder above to get it to work…stay tuned…:rolleyes:
But maybe as you pointed out, the intro,and my picture might have different aspect ratios,and therefore cannot co-exist on the same DVD…

Yes, i made this mistake too, you have to check, i guess with any
application, if it generates folders on its own, only the VIDEO_TS
and AUDIO_TS in the ROOT of the dvd recordable will work,
i can’t give you advice about working on IFO’s, what i would
do, (to keep it simple) import/drag the VOB’s and create a menu
for it .

I’m not finished with this thing yet,I guess I’ll just repeat the process,joining the vob I made to the ‘root’ VIDEO_TS,and maybe it will work…I’ll let you know… :cool:

I’m not finished with this thing yet,I guess I’ll just repeat the process,joining the vob I made to the ‘root’ VIDEO_TS,and maybe it will work…I’ll let you know… :cool:

You have to do this with an DVD author prog. simply placing
will not work, “a” player will look in the ifo, for information,
it has to be “connected” .
What i understand from the “ChickenMan” is, that you can “Open”
the vob’s in IfoEdit, and IfoEdit can generate the .IFO for you.
(see older post of him in this thread)
I guess you get a movie that way that plays on insertion of
the dvd in the player (standalone)

When I said what you quoted,I meant that I will join the root VIDEO_TS of what I create from the .vob with TMPG Enc DVD author with the movie in DVD 2One,and see what happens. I know just copy/pasting won’t work,Ive been down that road before… :cool: