How do you get rid of Bing Toolbar

vbimport

Windows 7 auto update for 2011 introduced the bing toolbar… When you launch the internet it asks for permission to include it. Why does it do it 3 times and why will it not take no as an answer?

Has Microsoft got us all across a barrel?

I have not tried to remove it yet any suggestions?

Regards Sid

It should be in your Add/Remove programs but if it’s not, we’ll presume you’re using IE8 and go from there so we can at least disable it.

1 - Enable IE8’s toolbar. To do that, right click on IE8’s toolbar and enable ‘Menu Bar’.
2 - Go to the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Manage Add-ons’.
3 - Select/Hightlight BING Tool bar and click on ‘Disable’, in the lower right.

Close, re-start IE8 and you should be all set.

Or

Like a lot of people Don’t Use IE use Firefox or something else

[QUOTE=sid450;2554490]Windows 7 auto update for 2011 introduced the bing toolbar… When you launch the internet it asks for permission to include it. Why does it do it 3 times and why will it not take no as an answer?

Regards Sid[/QUOTE]

That bing toolbar most likely was stealth hidden in another program you installed and rather do a customization install where you most likely would’ve seen it asking to install the Bing toolbar you went with default install meaning anything and all things where automatically installed including toolbars and the like. So what was the last software you install before this toolbar prop up?

How to Remove the Bing Toolbar from Internet Explorer

[QUOTE=bean55;2554495]It should be in your Add/Remove programs but if it’s not, we’ll presume you’re using IE8 and go from there so we can at least disable it.

1 - Enable IE8’s toolbar. To do that, right click on IE8’s toolbar and enable ‘Menu Bar’.
2 - Go to the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Manage Add-ons’.
3 - Select/Hightlight BING Tool bar and click on ‘Disable’, in the lower right.

Close, re-start IE8 and you should be all set.

Or

Like a lot of people Don’t Use IE use Firefox or something else[/QUOTE]

I seen that in another forum…are you registered there as well?

I visit the Windows 7 Forum often but not registered.

Forgot to put the quote marks around it.

Here’s how I removed it before. It hides itself within the Windows Live essentials suite and the same goes with the former Windows Live toolbar.

[ol]
[li]Go into the Control Panel and then into Programs and Features[/li][li]Click on the title “Windows Live Essentials 2011” and click “Uninstall/Change”.[/li][li]Click on “Remove one or more Windows Live programs”[/li][li]Tick the bing bar option.[/li][li]If you only use Messenger, tick everything here but Messenger, as the full live essentials suite gobbles up at least 2GB of HDD space! [/li][li]Click Uninstall.[/li][/ol]

[QUOTE=sid450;2554490]Windows 7 auto update for 2011 introduced the bing toolbar… When you launch the internet it asks for permission to include it. Why does it do it 3 times and why will it not take no as an answer?

Regards Sid[/QUOTE]

The Bing Toolbar did not get installed on my system at all during the auto update for 2011, and when I opened IE8 it asked permission and I said no it went through an uninstall process :smiley: did you not see a check box about the Bing toolbar ? I did.

Thanks Guy’s

I uninstalled it via control panel. It did not ask permission after that, but Microsoft had used a default to to request a search as i assume it found that Bing was missing.

Good job all.

Regards Sid