How do you format using Mount Rainier?

vbimport

Hey! Guys... :slight_smile:

Just got me a Lite-On 40x12x48 RW drive and I've read the interesting review at CD Freaks but even though I've downloaded the new InCD 3.31 from Nero's Ahead site, I don't seem to be getting the "Format disc to CD-MRW" option at the bottom of the In CD page Settings of the InCD property sheet which they have. The drive came with the latest Firmware and according to the Lit-On site it should support the Mount Rainier format.

Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong and how I'm supposed to format with Mount Rainier???? :confused:

Thanks!!!!!!

Well, I did know it would happen !

I guess you’ve just missed the greatest ever tutorial :
club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49985

If it’s a LTR-40125W there is no Mount rainier firmware availible. Only the LTR-40125S have a mount rainier capable firmware update so far.

@OC-Freak

Thanks, man, for not letting the next Titanic to sink !
This has been a very necessary and rational decision !

Thanks! for the response…

Does this mean that LTR-40125S was released after the LTR-40125W and therefore the better 40x12x48x drive???

Also I downloaded that"Smart Burn Media Check" program from Lite-On and I’m sure it worked then but now when I put a disc in all the parameter entries are saying UNKNOWN on a Red background window. I’ve unistalled and reinstalled Nero a few times now trying to fix the Mt. Rainier issue and even tried installing the “EasyWriteReader” utility from the Nero site. Could this have affected the Drives settings somehow???:confused:

Thanks! for your patients guys!

No the LTR-40125W is newer but there is newer firmware versions for the LTR-40125S which allows Mount rainier (both models is shipped without mount rainier support, but LTR-40125S gets support with a firmware upgrade.)

I think that smart-burn media checker requires a working aspi layer.

Check the sticky threads in the CD-R(W) media forum for links to ASPI drivers.

What drive and firmware version do you have?

Hi! OC-Freak:)

My drive is the LITE-ON LTR-40125W , Firmware version WS05 and from the Lite-On’s site it says it has Mt. Rainier support but when I ran the Nero Info utility, the Mt. Rainier option wasn’t ticked.

Thanks! again:D

Sorry to say but you have to wait for a new firmware. (unless you flash it to a LTR-40125S or LTR48125W using mtkflash, but this woids your warranty).

Also I downloaded that"Smart Burn Media Check" program from Lite-On and I’m sure it worked then but now when I put a disc in all the parameter entries are saying UNKNOWN on a Red background window. I’ve unistalled and reinstalled Nero a few times now trying to fix the Mt. Rainier issue and even tried installing the “EasyWriteReader” utility from the Nero site. Could this have affected the Drives settings somehow???

Be careful that you select the correct drive in SmartBurn.EXE, the red is when it does not see a disc in the drive.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]

Be careful that you select the correct drive in SmartBurn.EXE, the red is when it does not see a disc in the drive. [/B]

Yeah! I don’t know what’s going on man…

I first installed Nero 5.5.7.8 off the Cd which came with the drive and I know that the “Smart Burn Media Check” utility worked then but I think things went wrong when I installed the new 5.5.9.0 demo version of Nero cause since Its installation, the Media checker doesn’t seem to be able to give me any inserted CD perameters.

I’ve uninstalled 5.5.9.0 but still even with 5.5.7.8 when I run the CD Checker I only get a field of “UNKNOWN” CD perameters on a Red background, the same as if there was NO CD in the Drive.

I installed that ASPI 4.60 thing but still NO JOY!

Anyone know why my Lite-On can’t see the disc in the drive even though I can still burn things off my hard drive with it???

Help!..Please???:confused:

It doesn’t work here either, no matter what .

I had the same problem and somehow my Intel ATA33 drivers got hosed and device manager said my hard disk controllers were dual fifo. I reloaded the ATA drivers and all is well now.

Dora