How do you fix a CD that has so many scratches on it?

vbimport

I’ve tried every thing I could think of but yet nothing seems to work:a, so plz whats the best way to clean a CD and clean up those scratches:sad:

HELP!!!:bow:

You can try this method: http://club.myce.com/f33/fixing-scratched-cds-dvds-game-discs-312600/

Personally, I’d just take it to my local dvd rental store and have them polish the disk in their machine for $5.

If it’s a commercial audio CD this program won’t work. If it’s a data CD then it might.
h2cdimage
It has worked for me on scratched DVD’s.

[QUOTE=snowballsonfire13;2526539]I’ve tried every thing I could think of but yet nothing seems to work:a, so plz whats the best way to clean a CD and clean up those scratches:sad:

HELP!!!:bow:[/QUOTE]

The ways to clean the cd media will depend alot on how bad and how deep and how many and they way it is scratched with or against the grain of the media is burned. Since you don’t mentioned what kinda scratch or depth of it others help will be hard to know what is going on with the media itself. If the scratches are too deep consider the media a coaster you most likely will get errors or faults at that location thus rendering the media worthless. The only part likely or how ever likely if the media only was burn on smaller inner portion of the media itself and you can make a working copy of that saving your precious media from going to waste.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2526541]

Personally, I’d just take it to my local dvd rental store and have them polish the disk in their machine for $5.[/QUOTE] :iagree::iagree::iagree: and a lot of them will do it free for you or you can buy a polishing machine for around $20

And now for the bad news: If any of those scratches are on the label side,