How do you download or copy a You Tube Video & burn it on to a disc

vbimport

Didn’t know where to put this at! How do you download or copy a You Tube Video & burn it on to a disc? Thanks

Mike, over in LIVING ROOM, there’s a differently-focused YouTube thread but Cholla has just recently posted some possibilities for better-quality downloads.

But this might be a good spot, too.

If you use Firefox, the plug-in DownloadHelper works pretty well and so far haven’t had any issue over the past few years with it. They also update their plug-in very quickly when ever YouTube makes changes. I mainly use it to download and watch clips in the evening as my 3Mb Internet connection is too slow for 720p or 1080p and sometimes struggles even with 480p.

This plug-in appears as an icon with three colour circles, which when the drop-down arrow is clicked, gives a choice of formats the clip is available in:

The downloads are in FLV format for up to 480p and MP4 for both 720p and 1080p. Medium is actually 480p in MP4 format.

@midnightmike , I didn’t want to clutter up the other thread too much so I’m posting here .
What I posted in the other thread was to get a copy of a free movie .
I also want to put this in even when converted to DVD compliant format &
then burned to a DVD the quality is only going to be fair.

I rarely use FF & I don’t have the plug in Seán has. I have no doubt Seán’s method works.

This is what I do:
Find the YouTube video I want . This is just the regular YouTube videos not what you find with “Movie” .
A song one like this for example .Most of the time the complete URL works .

Just copy & paste it in the Youtube Downloader HD
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/download.html

Then when it finishes you will have a .FLV or .MP4 file & it can convert to .avi.

DVDFlick usually works for the conversion to DVD compliant.
The max amount DVDFlick can do is 48 video files . Of course less depending on size .
The .FLVs will also increase in size(not quality) when converted to DVD compliant format.
Meaning you can’t put 4GB of .flvs in DVDflick to convert & expect to end up with 4GB of DVD compliant folders & files.
Once done use ImgBurn Build mode & burn to a DVD disc.

If your DVD player is capable of playing .avi files you can burn those strait to a DVD with ImgBurn.
You can let Youtube Downloader HD convert to .avi from the URL.

If you want to find some more posts I’ve made on this go to Advanced search.
Type in DVDFlick YouTube cholla for user name & dot “Posts” in the lower left of Search options.

Oh great stuff… I’m going to dash over to the other thread and try to wipe out my response so these details can be centrally located instead of scattered.

@midnightmike

A web based alternative (which i always liked because it does many websites, not just youtube) is:

http://keepvid.com/

[QUOTE=xtacydima;2655283]@midnightmike

A web based alternative (which i always liked because it does many websites, not just youtube) is:

http://keepvid.com/[/QUOTE]

I like this option, too. I frequently use it to save material when I know I will be offline but still need it. It’s come in handy for quite a few cute clips. :iagree:

I bookmarked it & will give it a try . Never hurts to have an alternative.
I used to have the regular YouTube downloader but it quit working.

The KeepVid site kept insiting I download their downloader first . So I won’t be using it or their site for downloading video.

As Sean and Cholla have well said I use both program at various times to get 1080 or just small video to watch when bandwidth is scares and or will blog my system down. But I do recommend Youtube Downloader HD as that program since beginning has come along way and is very good at getting to hard to get files but downloader helper does good at those downloader hd is unable to or isn’t updated to cache…either one is good but I have both on my FireFox…

I just tried, and it’s not asking me to use anything extra. I also tried on a new PC with a fresh Win7 install, it just wanted a Java plug-in for Chrome, nothing more, are you sure you aren’t clicking their ads by accident?

I tried with a laptop that isn’t as tight on security & it worked.

On my desktop I have Java disabled & intend to leave it that way.
There was a java message about having it disabled but in very small text so I missed it.
I did try the green download button when nothing was happening & that is the site downloader.

1. Join the Youtube HTML5 program http://www.youtube.com/html5
  2. Trash Adobe Crash Player
  3. Play your favourite video
  4. right-click the video and “Save video as…”

@ mciahel , I did the set up so IE9 would work with WebM as the YouTube html5 site linked me to.
The link you posted now shows WebM as green so it is working.
I also appears to be working because I get an About HTML5 at the bottom of a right-click on the video.
What I don’t get in the right-click list is “Save video as…” .
Any ideas to fix this ?

You can also run jDownloader and copy the links to the clipboard, then choose what you wanna download.

chef , Are you sure this applies to movies from YouTube ?

Also I was attempting to do what mciahel posted about the HTML5.
I got the HTML5 player to work but it didn’t have the right click “Save video as…” option.

I already thanked Di in the YouTube thread but this is worth a mention here:
Freemake Video Downloader .

Yes, this works flawlessly with youtube!
You just copy the url and jdownloader automatically grabs the link, converts it and shoiws you all possible downloadable formats. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2655836]@ mciahel , I did the set up so IE9 would work with WebM as the YouTube html5 site linked me to.(…)
What I don’t get in the right-click list is “Save video as…” .
Any ideas to fix this ?[/QUOTE]Use Firefox for that purpose. :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2656930]Use Firefox for that purpose. :slight_smile:

Michael[/QUOTE]
I rarely use Fire Fox so I needed to update which I did to
version 15.0.1 which should be the latest non-beta .
This is what I get with right click on a HTLM5 WebM video:

Is there something else I need to do ?

The YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/html5
Shows “You are currently in the HTML5 trial.” & WebM with the green box checked. Using Fire Fox . The h.264 check box is red with an exclamation mark.
There is still no “Save video as…” in the right click menu.

In IE9 all are green.

Hey,

if you want to download videos from Youtube easily, you can use this free and good (from my personal experience) youtube video downloader free, by Speedbit. good luck! :flower: