How do you create a multimedia dvd

vbimport

Hiya

I just wanted to know, how do u create a dvd that holds a movie, music, games that can fit onto a dvd. Also when the dvd is inserted into a dvd player it will play the movie.

fanx

from matt

this is called a hybrid. You can do it with nero.

how do you create a hybrid?

[QUOTE=mastermjr2004]Hiya

I just wanted to know, how do u create a hybrid dvd that holds a movie, music, games that can fit onto a dvd. Also when the dvd is inserted into a dvd player it will play the movie.

fanx

from matthew

In Nero READ the help ,decirde what you want ,add,chose to make bootable,burn
Bruce

If you want to store the games and music without any special menus for them all you need to do is fill the AUDIO_TS folder with the extra content.

As long as the correct video files are in the VIDEO_TS folder (.vob, .ifo & .bup) any standalone will play the movie fine.

If you want to access the games, music etc browse to the AUDIO_TS folder using explorer.

No need to make the disc bootable either, just choose the DVD Video template in Nero.

I dont even think you have to put it in the audio_ts folder, if you look ad interactual disks, they have autorun and other folders when you open up the disk files

Sure, you could create other folders and put the extra content in there but to be on the safe side I would put them in the AUDIO_TS folder. You never know if you have a fussy set-top player.

For example an old Alba player I had refused to play The Matrix because of the autorun info and movie player on the disc for pc use. I removed these and all was well.

As the OP did not specify autorun menus etc, storing in the AUDIO_TS folder is easiest IMHO

Is this actually a hybrid disc? I know that CDs with music (CDDA) and data on them are hybrids (Mixed Mode) as the way in which music and data are recorded on a CD are different. However a DVD Video disc is just a plain old data DVD in UDF format. The set-top identifies it by looking for a folder (VIDEO_TS) containing compatible files.

nah its not a hybrid, i just thought it was to begin with… a hybrid is a mixed mode cd that can play in pcs and macs :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s only a DVD with mixed content then.
A hybrid CD/DVD is normally a media with 2 or more session, 1 hold ISO/UDF and one hold HFS stuff (mac).