How do you connect two different LAN with a single Cisco router?

hi
i have two pcs and a laptop.
i have made a wifi net work with one pc and laptop. the other pc has internet LAN connection and its ip is 192.165.0.57. now wifi network is connected by linksys 160N wireless router. now laptop has ip 192.168.1.10 automactically set by router and similarly other pc has ip 192.168.1.11.
now i have installed two lan cards in my first pc which has connected to internet by lan. so if i want to use internet from my laptop or 2nd pc then what should i do .
i was thinking to connect my first pc with router through 2nd lan card and set property to shared internet option of 1st lan card (192.165.0.57) do you think it should work ? and if it is not the right idea then what should i do ?

can i use internet port /dsl port of wifi router to connect to other lan ?
but how can router communicate two lans ???:o

I didn’t follow all of that. But all you need is a new wireless router with built in switch. Your internet connection connects to the Lan port of the router. You then have wireless connectivity for any wireless devices and RJ45 ports for wired LAN.

[QUOTE=zshan000;2205136]hi
i have two pcs and a laptop.
i have made a wifi net work with one pc and laptop. the other pc has internet LAN connection and its ip is 192.165.0.57. now wifi network is connected by linksys 160N wireless router. now laptop has ip 192.168.1.10 automactically set by router and similarly other pc has ip 192.168.1.11.
now i have installed two lan cards in my first pc which has connected to internet by lan. so if i want to use internet from my laptop or 2nd pc then what should i do .
i was thinking to connect my first pc with router through 2nd lan card and set property to shared internet option of 1st lan card (192.165.0.57) do you think it should work ? and if it is not the right idea then what should i do ?

can i use internet port /dsl port of wifi router to connect to other lan ?
but how can router communicate two lans ???:o[/QUOTE]

Wait so let’s start over again…why do you have two lan cards in one pc ?? Also what kinda Cisco router are you using? Hardware specs would go along way to help. As well as what kinda computer and laptop do you have. A router should need to connect from one computer to another. The Router is smart enough to share the ports but as before without knowing what kinda of Cisco router you have I don’t know what else to say??

your idea should work but it is not very efficient. Ideally u should connect the internet cable to the router and from there you should connect all other pc’s …

I used the same setup u are thinking when my internet speed was limited by my linkys router . I had one pc with 2 card connected to the internet and the other card was setup internet connection sharing and conected to my wireless router. But now I have a ggbyte router 10/100/1000 that can take the load

OT: The average household has no need of a gig router. You may have had an old, under powered, or failing router that couldn’t handle the load of a 100MB connection. However, a gig switch can be very handy for the LAN.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2212706]OT: The average household has no need of a gig router. You may have had an old, under powered, or failing router that couldn’t handle the load of a 100MB connection. However, a gig switch can be very handy for the LAN.[/QUOTE]

thanks my problem is solved now . i connect internet lan cable to linksys160 n router and set internet as static ip. now i am 2 pcs and laptop with router and networking and internet both r working fine.
however i was a bit lucky as my cable operator has not restricted mac address against my ip :wink: and i took full advantage of it. i have clone my mac address to hide other systems.

yes i one thing, all systems requires proxy address which is ip address of internet server. that strange bcoz i thought i would b using router ip add of my internal lan but its working so i do not need to worry :wink:
i also observed that my cable operator is using dsl connection…and i can access it too hehe…just need his password :stuck_out_tongue: