How do you burn the BWA image

Following the tutorial provided from Blindwrite. Extracted the image from the Game CD. Created the BWA image with BWA and save that in the same folder where I put the extracted image. Do I have to burn the BWA image together? How do I do with it? I know I have to use DAO PW or DAO PQ to burn it.

did you follow the directions to the letter and rename the BWA to the same name as the image file and put it in the same folder as the image? If so then just burn it. Just follow the BWA builder how to to the letter and it should work. “image name”.bwa

When I extracted the image from the game CD. It has three blindwrite files already.For example: Hitman 2. Then I created the BWA image and rename it to Hitman 2.BWA and save it in the same folder according to the tutorial. It turn out four files. The BWA file didn’t look the same as the Blindwrite image’s icon except it appeared to be a window flag. Isn’t it right or wrong! I don’t really know there should be three files or four. When I burned it to the disc. It doesn’t look like I’m burning with the BWA files.:bow:

When you start the Writing Wizard you should do an “image verification”.

If you have saved the BWA-file correctly, you should see an extra option: “Physical data-file found”, this means the BWA is found!

Read this manual for screenshots and prevent misunderstandings

After the BWA image creation completed. It said measurement done and there was no mention of “Physical data-file found” after I saved the image in the same folder of the image. What have I done wrong? I’ve been doing the same thing over and over again at least 10 times. It really pissing me off.:a

Originally posted by gamesfanatic
After the BWA image creation completed. It said measurement done and there was no mention of “Physical data-file found” after I saved the image in the same folder of the image. What have I done wrong? I’ve been doing the same thing over and over again at least 10 times. It really pissing me off.:a

read my post again

Big Ivo! I have done whatever you said. and even read the tutorial again. When I finished the BWA file and save it into the same folder. I’m getting the same result all over again. Then I start the image verification and there was no “Physical Data Found”. I just really can’t figure out how people done it. I would be appreciate if you or someone can provide the diagram of how to save the BWA.

@ Gamesfanatic

I have made an backup of UT2k3 and my BWA files does not have BW icon either.
Look in the logfile after you made a burn, it says something about found and used extra files. Dont remember exactly how the message was.

Hotblack! I’ll have a look again. The BWA is really a pain to use. A lot of people are having success in this forum but not me anyway. I used to use Clone CD before. As soon as I heard the Latest Blindwrite can do Securom new therefore I give it a go and see how it can beat the protection. But Blindwrite itself couldn’t do it without using the build in BWA builder. The totorial is simple but somehow I couldn’t use it properly.

Did you try dropping the “.bwa” suffix on your image so it JUST says “UT2003_CD1” and not “UT2003_CD1.bwa”?

Also, I have had better results when reading the image w/subcodes off. Until they make the user interface a little more friendly, I like to use the twinpeaks method w/CloneCD. I can get success reading subchannel data w/the twinpeaks method where I cannot w/blindwrite.

Did Blindwrite fix the “installation issue?”

@ Gamesfanatic
BWA is NOT a pain to use, it goes automatically!
If it dont work for you, maybe your reader for the BWA file is not up to the job. For me my ASUS DVD E-616 dont work, but my old Plex 12/10/32S works. Have not tried it in my Lite-On 32.

stretcharmstron had a good point there also about the naming of the file. That happened to a friend of mine while I gave telesupport to him. if your OS not showing file extensions the filename could be “UT2003_CD1.bwa.bwa”

hmm i cant install the cd but play. it needs very long for loading the cd.what can i do??:confused:

Originally posted by Redeagle
hmm i cant install the cd but play. it needs very long for loading the cd.what can i do??:confused:

it does that with some cd-readers, e.g. my liteon 48x takes 2 seconds to start, plextor 16x takes 5 minutes.
btw, i need to create a seperate installation cd without/bwa for it to install. Blindwrite have some things to fix, i’ve encountered some strange errors inside the program, but it rocks :bigsmile: