How do we KNOW Problems are being worked on by the guys?

vbimport

I read this forum most days…Absolutely love the software and how you guys respond to issues/bugs etc…

Can I make oine request though…where there is a new thread with a fault on it can Fengtao or Signals please add to it to say…

1. Not in our plans to fix…
  2. We recognise this as an issue and it will be fixed (no committed date tho)
  3. urgent problem we need to fix asap

or whatever…just something to let us maybe stop moaning about the same problem from lots of different people knowing that you guys are on it…though it is good for the community to continue a dialogie on workarounds in the meantime.

Not a complaint just something to help us get a feel for where something is in your minds…:flower:

He already does that just maybe you haven’t seen the right post

[QUOTE=gkinghrn;2070939]I read this forum most days…Absolutely love the software and how you guys respond to issues/bugs etc…

Can I make oine request though…where there is a new thread with a fault on it can Fengtao or [B]Signals please add to it to say…[/B]1. Not in our plans to fix…

or whatever…just something to let us maybe stop moaning about the same problem from lots of different people knowing that you guys are on it…though it is good for the community to continue a dialogie on workarounds in the meantime.

Not a complaint just something to help us get a feel for where something is in your minds…:flower:[/QUOTE]

Signals is not able to do this, he is not a member of the Mod squad

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2070980]Signals is not able to do this, he is not a member of the Mod squad[/QUOTE]
:iagree:
…and as experienced and knowledgable as he is…:bow:…he also is not a rep of Fengtao…just one of the cdfreaks, I’m afraid.

[quote=gkinghrn;2070939]I read this forum most days…Absolutely love the software and how you guys respond to issues/bugs etc…

Can I make oine request though…where there is a new thread with a fault on it can Fengtao or Signals please add to it to say…

1. Not in our plans to fix…

Not a complaint just something to help us get a feel for where something is in your minds…:flower:[/quote]
There is a new thread for every beta and final Version, it is there that Fengtao and Ting find out about problems and if there is a documented problem, it will be fixed, no need for a " Not in our plans to fix". If anyone has a problem they are free to start a new thread if one has not been started already on their specific problem. Fengtao reads all these threads and fixes problems ASAP. If you have a problem and you see it posted you can also add to the thread.

I don’t wish to be presumptuous but my experience has been that Ting and Fengtao are right on top any situation that arises. I don’t know why the life or death speed is necessary, just watch the original. Like they say in Connecticut, “if you don’t like the weather, wait a few minutes”.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2071080]I don’t wish to be presumptuous but my experience has been that Ting and Fengtao are right on top any situation that arises. I don’t know why the life or death speed is necessary, just watch the original. Like they say in Connecticut, “if you don’t like the weather, wait a few minutes”.[/QUOTE]
Excellent point and as an “X-Conn” myself…:stuck_out_tongue: (lived there for 35 years)…
ain’t it the truth…:bigsmile:

Guys Iam not complaining just making an observation.

I know they reply to a number of threads…however there are a number of others where there is no input from a developer and so you never quite know if it’s been seen.

We could assume they have read everything as you say however ‘assume’ makes an Ass out of U and ME …so i rarely assume anything :slight_smile:

like i say i love it…just a small small point in this wild world we inhabit…

Maybe “U”, but not me.:bigsmile:

These are JUST MY OBSERVATIONS :slight_smile: , but generally,
If Fengtao asks a question in a thread, or asks for IFOs, it’s being worked on.
If it is reported by many users, it’s being worked on.
If a problem seems to be system/blank media/setup/user related, or can’t be duplicated, it’s probably not.
All real bugs are fixed on an ASAP basis; just look back over the release notes, remembering that if it was fixed in a beta, the actual date of the fix won’t be available, just the date of the next full release that contained it. It has not been uncommon to see fixes for bugs the same day, and there have been one or two within minutes.

Most likely we don’t hear to often from [B]the guys[/B] is because they’re busy working on making DVDFab better and better.:iagree:

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2072331]Most likely we don’t hear to often from [B]the guys[/B] is because they’re busy working on making DVDFab better and better.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

That would be my thought, just look at what we have. :iagree:

bean55