How do KProbe results depend on scanning speed

Hi,

I did a test burn (at 2,0x, the ony speed offered) of a DVD-R although knowing that my burner (LDW-811S) doesn’t seem to like - media too much. Despite good reviews, the results were dissapointing: PI 376,00, PIF 1,01 (avg.). With OmniPatcher I assigned to the dvd’s unsupported media code (DAXON08S) the write strategy of TYG01, and burned again with 2,0x. The results were horrible: PI 1042,00, PIF 75,50, far away from a test to test or disk to disk variation. According to these figures the disk shouldn’t play at all, but it plays flawlessly in my external dvd player. I rescanned the disk at reading speed 1x (instead of 4x), and now, even not perfect, the results were completely different: PI 61,95, PIF 0,74.

Has anybody an explanation for this dramatic change? I know we all agreed to scanning at 4x for convenience (to make the test faster). Changing to the official reading speed of 1x shouldn’t make up so much difference, should it?

Best regards

mumdigau

Unfortunatly your thread is in the wrong forum. :slight_smile:

Thread moved from the LiteOn standalone forum.

The LDW-811S is an IDE DVD writer, as opposed to a recorder that sits on its own below the TV. :wink:

Don’t understand that. What do you think to which forum I should post this?

mumdigau

Lite-On posts relating to IDE or SATA internal drives or USB or Firwire external drives should be placed in the following path:

Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power
=> International Chat: Hardware related
==> Optical Drives (CD and DVD Burners, etc.) Forum
===> LiteOn DVD Burner / Sony DVD Burner

Originally, you had posted in the following path, which deals with Lite-On standalone players and recorders, such as DVD recorders, HDD+DVD Recorders, etc. that go under the TV to record televison broadcasts (like a VCR):

Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power
=> International Chat: Hardware related
==> DVD Recorder & Home Entertainment
===> Lite-On DVD Recorder and Player Forum

Notice the path difference… :slight_smile:

This thread has been moved to the correct forum, so no need to worry :wink:

Sorry Seán,

didn’t realize that there 2 Litey forums. Thanks for moving.

mumdigau