This is a newbie type question but bear with me. I downloaded the booktype utility for my LiteOn 851S Dual DVD ±RW. I use DVD Xcopy Express to make a backup to a DVD+RW and then if this burn comes out good I copy this to a DVD+R using Roxio’s DiscCopy. At what time do I set DVD+R to a DVD-ROM and how do I go about doing this? This is what I did but it did not work (DVD still says DVD+R):
- Made a backup of my movie using DVD Xcopy Express onto a DVD+RW.
- Then exited the Xpress application and fired up Roxio DisCopy.
- Put in the DVD+RW into my machine. I only have one burner. So this is the source.
- Started the copy.
- When the DiscCopy finished copying the source to the HDD it spit out the DVD+RW. I put in a fresh DVD+R into the DVD drive and let it detect the disc.
- At this point instead of hitting continue I started up the Booktype utility. Select the change type to DVD-ROM. I did not exit this program at this time. Should I have?
- Then I hit continue with DiscCopy so the contents on the HDD got copied to the DVD+R. It then finished and spit out the disc again
- Though everything copied right the DVD disc was still labelled as DVD+R and not DVD-ROM.
What am I doing wrong? Also, If I mark my DVD+RW as a DVD-ROM will this render the DVD+RW as unformattable in the future if I want to write something else to it?