How do I unpartition slave Hard Drive to one Volume

HowdyHo!
I have an old Compaq 5011CL 1.2 AMD / 320 Ram. / Windows XP / Extra computer, with an onboard Master hard drive is 80GB.

I added another SLAVE 160GB Maxtor IDE for added storage. This particular HD was partitioned with two Drives on it, one was (F: Drive) with 37.3GB and the other was (G: Drive) 115GB. I tried to FORMAT this Slave HD to only have ONE DRIVE, not two individual partitioned ones. I ultimately want only TWO DRIVES on this computer.

MASTER HD – 80GB - ( LOCAL DISK C: )

SLAVE HARD DRIVE – 160GB ( 37.3GB + 115GB = 152.3GB)
First partition-
In the FORMAT drop down menu is the following:
Capacity 37.3GB - ( F: DRIVE )
File System (NTFS)

Allocation Unit Size Default,
2048, and

Second partition-
In the FORMAT drop down menu is the following:
Capacity 115GB - ( G: DRIVE )
File System (NTFS)

Allocation Unit Size Default,
2048, and

Is there anyway to go back into the FORMAT Option and delete the smaller (F:) partition so that there would only be one large Volume on this Secondary Hard drive?
Thank You!

Hi,

using Disc Management, you can delete and create partitions. For details, please see Windows Help (Yes! :bigsmile: ).
For your purpose, delete all partitions on that HDD, then create a new one that has the full size. Please note, all data on that drive are lost.

Michael

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/index.shtml

Thanks!

I can erase that slave both partitions, and not touch my master Drive?

I can’t say for XP but if it works like Vista your Master Drive won’t be touched but doing this to the slave drive.
You might read the Movies to Vista topic where I posted something similar for partitions on Vista.Not exactly the same but it might help.

[QUOTE=bozoagain;2282071]Thanks!

I can erase that slave both partitions, and not touch my master Drive?[/QUOTE]Yes.

You may have a look here --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000 and in Windows integrated help.

Michael