How do i uninstall software on a Macintosh?

vbimport

Hi my brother-in-law has a Machintosh laptop the ibook and what i wanted to know is how do i uninstall software on the damn thing. i installed Yahoo Messenger on it and now i want to uninstall it can any1 help me out pls.

thanx in advance.

I thought that you went into the directory where it was “installed” and there should be an uninstaller… if I remember rightly…

my father in law bought one coz he thought it was “cute”…

idiot.

!¬)

Nope, it depends on the writers of the program. Mac users always boast about how clever the Mac OS is but it doesn’t keep track of what’s been installed whatsoever. If you start the installer of Microsoft Office for Mac you can choose to uninstall the product but most other programs don’t even bother. So if you install and remove lots of programs you can have lots of rubbish (libraries etc.) left in the system folder. Maybe MacOS X deals with it in another way but I haven’t used that yet.

It’s not hard. Go to file, drop down to find, type in the name of your program, when it finds the program click the entry for that program, go to edit and select select all, then go up to edit or view and select move to trash. That’s it except for emptying the trash can. G.L. Kyle:cool:

sure, now you’ve deleted the program itself, but what about any control panels, extensions and libraries?

Hi

on you mac, just download a free application from the mac downloads pages.
its called [B]AppDelete[/B] and will bin and delete every file associated with a program, simply by dragging what you wish to remove to the [B]AppDelete[/B] bin. it will remove and delete all

NB Its a separate icon from the normal trash.

[QUOTE=andybez;2497915]Hi

on you mac, just download a free application from the mac downloads pages.
its called [B]AppDelete[/B] and will bin and delete every file associated with a program, simply by dragging what you wish to remove to the [B]AppDelete[/B] bin. it will remove and delete all

NB Its a separate icon from the normal trash.[/QUOTE]

wow… Lazarus has risen from the grave again??? To poster did you know this thread is over 9 years old? Before just replying be sure to check the posted date and not to rehash a old thread…

:rolleyes:

How funny - no, i didnt see a date - but it came up on a search about Rapport security etc.

I’m so busy with work i just saw it and thought I would reply n try n help someoen out.

Cheers for pointing it out… 9 years!
wow!

now im amazed its still on the site!

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2497944]wow… Lazarus has risen from the grave again??? To poster did you know this thread is over 9 years old? Before just replying be sure to check the posted date and not to rehash a old thread…[/QUOTE]