How do I turn off macrovision on a lite on an external ez-zub dvd recorder (Lite-On DX-20A4PU EZ-DUB)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DX-20A4PU EZ-DUB. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]How do you turn off macrovision on this product?
please let me know if there’s a way
thanks
Jason

Moved to the LiteOn forum here.

Dear moderator,

I think this post ended up in the wrong forum… it appears to be a regular USB external drive with some special software… not a standalone recorder unit…

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome!

[quote=jhsif12;2160180][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DX-20A4PU EZ-DUB. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]How do you turn off macrovision on this product?[/quote]The Macrovision thing is not part of the drive, it’s part of your computer (VGA card/drivers plus Windows).

There are software tools that allow to create a copy of the disc that has no macrovision “protection”.

Michael

[QUOTE=afecu;2160242]Dear moderator,

I think this post ended up in the wrong forum… it appears to be a regular USB external drive with some special software… not a standalone recorder unit…

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Post moved

Actually, macrovision is sort of a copyprotection thing. Prevents you from copying a dvd disk let’s say. Programs like Anydvd and others breaks the macrovision curse and lets you copy the dvd. It is not in your external drive…