How do i transfer recorded programs from my freeview box to my computer/hard drive?

vbimport

Hi,

I would like to know how do i transfer recorded programs from my freeview box to my computer/ hard drive?

I have a Humax pvr-9150t freeview box and i want to take the recorded programs off the box and watch them on my computer which is an advent but then i will put them on a hard drive. I do not know much about televisions and cables which is why i need some help, i don’t know what cable to take out and where to plug it in or if this is what i am meant to even be doing. I also do not know if i need to download some kind of software on my computer to convert the programs once they have been transferred.

If anyone can offer me help or a step to step guide on what i am meant to do then i will very much appreciate it.

[QUOTE=Megan_campbell27;2638603]Hi,

I would like to know how do i transfer recorded programs from my freeview box to my computer/ hard drive?

I have a Humax pvr-9150t freeview box and i want to take the recorded programs off the box and watch them on my computer which is an advent but then i will put them on a hard drive. I do not know much about televisions and cables which is why i need some help, i don’t know what cable to take out and where to plug it in or if this is what i am meant to even be doing. I also do not know if i need to download some kind of software on my computer to convert the programs once they have been transferred.

If anyone can offer me help or a step to step guide on what i am meant to do then i will very much appreciate it. [/QUOTE]

Hi Megan and welcome to the forums. :flower:

It’s possible to open up this unit, remove the hard drive and read the recorded files in a PC and you’ll find other sites discussing this but I wouldn’t recommend it for several reasons.

Firstly you could inadvertently damage something unless you know exactly what you’re doing, secondly it has been known for PCs to slightly corrupt the drive when reading it in Windows and thirdly it’s not exactly the most convenient method to have to dismantle your equipment every time you want to transfer a recording.

A much simpler method would be to connect a DVD recorder to the Humax and record whatever programs you want directly onto DVD.

You can then either watch the disc directly in your PC or copy the disc to your computer’s hard drive and watch it from there.

If you don’t want to keep them on DVD (as this is potentially just a means to an end) you can use a rewritable disc and erase it when you’re finished.

That particular model doesn’t have an HDMI output so in this instance you’ll get the best quality by connecting the DVD recorder to the Humax with a SCART lead.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wow, great advice, thank you very much!

[QUOTE=Megan_campbell27;2638656]Wow, great advice, thank you very much![/QUOTE]

You’re more than welcome and if you’ve any further queries, please ask away.

We can’t guarantee to answer them all but we’ll certainly do our best. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]