How do I tell what fw is currently flashed?

vbimport

Any way to tell which firmware your drive currently is using without simply knowing already?

1. Use CDRIdentifier (Available elsewhere on this site. )
  2. Download any firmware update and try to flash your drive (risky :smiley: )

Hmmm, ok I give up, where is the files section on cdfreaks?
:slight_smile:

If you’re using Windows 98, go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Device Manager, click View Devices by Type, CDROM, select your burner, click Properties, Settings and you will be able to read the Firmware Revision.

HTH.

I am using XP, and it doesnt seem to give that info in device manager.
Anyway, I found a place in Nero that reports it, thanks though :slight_smile:

Glad you found the solution and thanks for your kindness, great tip about Nero :slight_smile:

For those who want to know where it is, may I add it’s on the menu bar, select Recorder then Choose Recorder. The firmware info is in the dialog box.

Hmmm, ok I give up, where is the files section on cdfreaks?

I’m lazy too. Try this:

http://www.gum.de/it/download/english.htm

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Gorky
I am using XP, and it doesnt seem to give that info in device manager.
Anyway, I found a place in Nero that reports it, thanks though :slight_smile:

If you don’t have the Lite-On utility to tell you then in WinXP just type “msinfo32” and hit enter. The system information window will come up (this is not msconfig though) and then click on “components” on the left side and then click on “CD-ROM” and it will list all of your CD-ROM’s that are installed in your system. Click on the Lite-On burner and then on the last line on your Lite-On description look under “PNP Device” and it will give the firmware revision. It will not actually say “firmware” but you will see a revision number. Unfortunately WinXP does not give this info in Device Manager like it does in Win9x Os’s.

Ahh I should have thought to look there… kinda hard to spot though, would be impossible to know if you werent already familiar with the fw names.
Thanks for the tip though.

You can also check in your system BIOS.