How do i stop substitles appearing

Ripped a few DVD’s using DVDfab platinum 4 to convert to MP4 for my IPOD. On some of them the subtitles have appeared on the mp4 file. How do i stop these appearing? My guess is there is an option to not copy across the subtitles when ripping but cannot see how to do this?

Thanks

[QUOTE=narcosis101;2025506]Ripped a few DVD’s using DVDfab platinum 4 to convert to MP4 for my IPOD. On some of them the subtitles have appeared on the mp4 file. How do i stop these appearing? My guess is there is an option to not copy across the subtitles when ripping but cannot see how to do this?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi narcosis welcome to the DVDFab forum on CD Freaks
you need to remove the subtitles before you convert,…some subtitles are however forced subtitles meaning embedded into the movie/film

In Fab, Fengtao refers to them as “Subpictures” and “Forced Subpicture”

Make sure that all these boxes are deselected. You can also turn them off in “Settings” so that none are preselected.

As my good friend SJ said, some subtitles are actually burnt into the image and cannot be removed and some forced subtitles are absolutely necessary such as in Dances With Wolves where I don’t think too many of us understand the Sioux language.

Signals has helped another user get this sorted, so there are always different requirements.

recent versions of fab platinum all have this bug : subtitles default to on when you rip a movie via main movie or customise.
( even though the green triangle pointer thingie is not visible on screen when you set up the rip.)

well for me anyway, & my UI settings are include only english audio & subpicture streams.

I have given up trying to stop it happening - I just grab the remote & turn them off again - but if you never want to see hem then you can tweak your user interface settings so that no subpicture options are included in customise/main movie rips.

i have a video showing how to setup for main movie mode, the same settings will preselect in customize and dvd to mobile options.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy