How do I set booktype on 3500AG

I just need a step by step instruction on how to set DVD+R discs to DVD-ROM. I’ve been searching around the net and there seems to be all these different firmwares and tools and this and that. If someone could give me a simple instruction on how to do it, I’d be eternally grateful. Thanks.

Get a firmware that supports bitsetting such as the Mad Dog 2.F8 firmware, then use DVDInfoPro.

Excuse my ignorance, but what´s wrong with “Mad Dog´s” WinBType and Liggy´s BinFlash. :wink:

Sure DVDInfoPro will do the same, but I still like our “non-commercial” tools better.

Nothing is wrong - especially with Binflash. As far as I know, it’s the only tool that’s able to reset the counter again :smiley:

Nope, nothing is wrong. I just couldn’t remember NEC’s bitsetting tool’s name and figured that anyone who was unable to find this kind of information themselves wouldn’t be able to handle a command line tool.

Of course I couldn’t agree with your second sentence more pinto2.

ummm excuse the newbie ignorance but i’ve seen veiled references to a “counter”. What does this mean/imply?

NEC has integrated a counter into their firmwares that gets incremented each time you change a permanent booktype setting. Once you’ve reached 500 changes, you won’t be able to change it again.