How do I search for ALL keywords?

vbimport

I just spent half an hour trying to find a way to search for posts with all (and not any) of a list of keywords.

The advanced search lists the search terms joined with an or. How do I get an AND? Explicitly inputing AND doesn’t help, the FAQ (from the forum software) is useless and obviously the search function returns nothing or too much.

Is this possible at all?

G

Always worked for me (the AND)…don’t know if the recent update of the forum software did change that…

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2066545]Always worked for me (the AND)…don’t know if the recent update of the forum software did change that…[/QUOTE]
^#$%@#

I could have sworn that I did exactly that! Just tried it again and it [I]does[/I] work. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the static.

G

Glad to hear it works for you, that is all that matters.

I have to get back to this.

Just tried it again, looking for language [B]and[/B] gray- and this time round it came back with the [B]or [/B]results. I made screen shots of the query and the result.

So something seems to be working only intermittently.

[grrrr] Now I can’t post attachments- why is this? :a

I stashed the screenshots here (server may be a bit slow):

G

[QUOTE=MediumRare;2066589]I have to get back to this.

Just tried it again, looking for language [B]and[/B] gray- and this time round it came back with the [B]or [/B]results. I made screen shots of the query and the result.

So something seems to be working only intermittently.

[grrrr] Now I can’t post attachments- why is this? :a

I stashed the screenshots here (server may be a bit slow):

G[/QUOTE]
Dunno if it makes any difference if you write AND in capitals?

I just tried both - (and & AND) and in both cases, I got the AND results (7 posts).

But last evening, there were over 1000 hits with OR- that’s why I made the screen shots.

There seems to be something intermittent in the search behaviour- maybe it depends on how you get to the search panel?

I’ll try a bit more later- have to go to work now.

G