How do I rip my protected Audio CD's?!

vbimport

First of all, I don’t know much about computers so speak in English. I have a few cd’s that are protected. They have a copy protect icon on the front. The icon is a sideways triangle in a circle & inside the triangle is another circle with a triangle inside that.

Whenever I put the cd’s into my laptop, the cd plays but it installs its own player & musicmatch recognises it as a data cd & so I can’t rip.

Anyone know how to rip these? I’ve tried AnyDvd & a few others, the black marker, holding down the shift button. My CD drive is a TEAC DV-28E-B.

It’s really annoying because I bought these cd’s! I bought them off cdwow.com so I didn’t know beforehand that they were copy-protected.

Can you please specify the titles. maybe others have had an experience with them, so let us know what they are.

Have you tried to disable autoplay?
Its a different method on different Operating Systems, so tell us what you are running.

Do you have any other optical drives aside the Teac availabl eon your system?

I recommend trying AudioCatalyst and Exact Audio Copy as both handle Audio protections wonderfully.

Assuming that the cds are in good condition and that your drive can read them, most copy protected audio cds can be copied simply enough by just using CloneCD with the default Audio CD profile.

CloneCD with the default profile just copies the first session which is where the actual audio tracks are contained and omits all the rest of the garbage, including the copy protection and the cr**py internal player which are contained in the second (and, sometimes third) session.

The result is an unprotected copy of your original cd. :smiley:

I’m running Windows XP 2002.

The actual cd’s are:

Jane’s Addiction-Strays
Kings Of Leon-Kings Of Leon
The Beatles-Let It Be Naked

They all have the same copy protect icon on the cd that I described.

I have no other drives.

Tried looking for audiocatalyst but the website is down & its discontinued from cnet. I’ll try exact audio copy.

CloneCd recognised the 11 tracks on Let It Be Naked so I “read to image file”. So it did that, took a few minutes. But then what do I do after that?!

I’ll try to disable autoplay too.

Cheers

Originally posted by xtacydima

AudioCatalyst and Exact Audio Copy as both handle Audio protections wonderfully.
No, not necessarily.

@Padrock, please learn more starting form here

YEah I read all this before Boskin

Originally posted by Padrock
CloneCd recognised the 11 tracks on Let It Be Naked so I “read to image file”. So it did that, took a few minutes. But then what do I do after that?!

Is that the right number of tracks? If so, what do you want to do, copy the cd or rip one or more of the tracks?

If what you want to do is copy the cd, then just burn the cd image with CloneCD using the default Audio CD profile and you’ll have an unprotected copy.

If you want to rip one or more tracks to your hard drive without actually making a copy, then mount the CloneCD image on a virtual drive (e.g. Daemon Tools) and rip whichever tracks you want from the mounted image. Just about any ripper will do. Personally I use cdex but there are many others.

I read all this before Boskin
Then you might notice there would be required a good reader/burner to be able to handle copy prots.

Yeah I did notice that. But everyone keeps going about how its possible to get around the copy protect cd’s with software.

So my CD drive isn’t good enough, is that what you’re telling me?

Thanks Philamber. I just want to rip the CD. I’ll try the virtual drive.

But everyone keeps going about how its possible to get around the copy protect cd’s with software.

So my CD drive isn’t good enough, is that what you’re telling me?
And what do you think ? If it were you wouldn’t have trouble w ripping your stuff the way I used to do.
I thought you said you “read all this before”. I wonder if you noticed my TEAC presented there then ?

As for the SW, there are at least 3 pcs mentioned there. Nothing helps ?

No I didn’t read that part. Well thanks for being a kind chap helping me out…

No I didn’t read that part. Well thanks for being a kind chap helping me out…
See, and you said " read all this ", right ?
You’re very welcome. I too really appreciate you kindness !

There’s no need to be a smart-a$$. I read most of it & I didn’t understand half of it, that’s why I posted a message, see if somebody could explain it to me.

You’re just one of those techie’s who has no time for amateurs & likes to brush them off.

Well Boskin, no thanks to you, but I got the job done!!

A friend of mine who’s a nice techie pointed me towards Easy CD-DA Extractor & a combination of that & Anydvd got the job done!

Good thing I didn’t listen to you

Ok guys, settle down. Glad you got the job done Padrock and since you’ve got things sorted I think it’s time this thread got closed. :cop: