How Do I Remove ALL Virtual CD/DVD Devices?

vbimport

Hi There! I have an annoying problem with virtual CD/DVD Devices.

A couple of months ago I tried out several burning programs (Alcohol 120, Clone CD and Blindwrite). I have Softdisc/Daemon Tools as well but wish to keep as is definitely the best.

The problem is that after uninstaling the main programs I am left with 3 virtual drives that i dont want or need.

Have tried to remove from device manager but come back after reboot (turned off the softdisc one first). Removed both the drives and the scsi devices and even tried to delete in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi)
and still persists in coming back.

The only other alternative is to re-install all the apps and turn off the virtual device before un-installing again. But as I stupidly decided that “she’ll be right” :eek: when un-installed, i left them. But now as my machine gets more and more apps on it I am trying to “clean up” for faster operation (system, incedently, is a pathetic Celeron 500 with 256 Meg RAM :Z . 120 Gig drive though). And I nearly always change the installation directory so if i don’t install to same directories as before it might cause more headaches :rolleyes:

To cut to the chase is there ANY way to remove without the hassel of re-insalling the apps?

Any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated

Cheers in advance :smiley:

It would have probably taken you the same amount of time to install daemon tools and unmount the drives as it would to have written out that post!

Daemon tools does not recognise the other virtual devices, so I can’t use that to shut them off! D-tools is only one I have kept. But only uses/sees the ones created with it. I just don’t want to install all the other progs ( Alcohol, Clone and Blind) just to get rid of virtual devices!

Have you looked in “Ad-Remove Programs”?
Have you consulted the support docs of the programs you installed?

Always look in Add/Remove first. Nothing there.

Good suggestion to look through software docs gonna have a look tonight and see if they can help, but really think their gonna be in the “while the progam is installed” frame of mind. Thanks :slight_smile:
And yes everyone I know that by now I could have re-installed them all and taken them off again, but it would still be nice to know if there is a way to do it another way thats all! :wink:

[QUOTE=Dodgey Wombat;826566]Hi There! I have an annoying problem with virtual CD/DVD Devices.

A couple of months ago I tried out several burning programs (Alcohol 120, Clone CD and Blindwrite). I have Softdisc/Daemon Tools as well but wish to keep as is definitely the best.

The problem is that after uninstaling the main programs I am left with 3 virtual drives that i dont want or need.

Have tried to remove from device manager but come back after reboot (turned off the softdisc one first). Removed both the drives and the scsi devices and even tried to delete in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi)
and still persists in coming back.

The only other alternative is to re-install all the apps and turn off the virtual device before un-installing again. But as I stupidly decided that “she’ll be right” :eek: when un-installed, i left them. But now as my machine gets more and more apps on it I am trying to “clean up” for faster operation (system, incedently, is a pathetic Celeron 500 with 256 Meg RAM :Z . 120 Gig drive though). And I nearly always change the installation directory so if i don’t install to same directories as before it might cause more headaches :rolleyes:

To cut to the chase is there ANY way to remove without the hassel of re-insalling the apps?

Any ideas on the matter would be much appreciated

IT KEPT HAPPENING TO ME TO.
WHEN YOU GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER AND UNINSTALL THE VIRTUAL DEVICE DO YOU THEN GO TO STORAGE CONTROLLERS (ALSO IN DEVICE MANAGER) AND UNINSTALL THE VIRTUAL DRIVER?
IT WORKED FOR ME.
HOPE THIS HELPS. IM FAIRLY NEW TO ALL THIS BUT IT DEFINATELY WORKED FOR ME.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/passport-vcd.html

thanks for the link.