How do i recover lost pics on this Kodad sd 1gb drive (Kodak 1GB SD High Performance Flash memory card)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Kodak High Performance flash memory card - 1 GB - SD. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Is there any way to recover my lost pictures on this sd card! I now reads as having 420megs instead of 1 gb

you could try some data recovery software…

how did you lost your pictures? formatted? deleted? if it is physical damaged, i do not think it is easy to retrive your pics.

by the way, data recovery software will cost you at least $70.

i used Easeus data recovery (it is purchased by my company :), and this is the only data recovery software i’ve used. i alway backup all my important data to a fixed position. ) to got back my game records in USB…but during the options, i found a lot of pics i got 2 or 3 month ago. may be you can have a try.

http://www.easeus.com/

DiskDigger

Try a free utility first. I’ve used DiskDigger with good results. Recuva is another tool, tho one I have not tried.

Another option would be PC Inspector Smart Recovery. It’s freeware, but there is no Vista compatible version yet (according to their FAQ).

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2302105]Another option would be PC Inspector Smart Recovery. It’s freeware, but there is no Vista compatible version yet (according to their FAQ).

Michael[/QUOTE]
Absolutely useless, and incredibly time consuming, on every occasion I’ve made the mistake of trying it.

Photorec is also freeware, and useful for recovering photo’s - designed to retrieve them from corrupted memory cards.
It’s recovered pictures I never knew I had … unfortunately, I wasn’t after any picture’s … but it recovered photo’s/pictures very well :wink:

If the memory card is physically damaged, you are screwed.

[QUOTE=debro;2303529]Absolutely useless, and incredibly time consuming, on every occasion I’ve made the mistake of trying it.[/quote]Admitted, I never tried it, but it was the first, that came to my mind (seems their marketing is working :bigsmile: )

Photorec is also freeware, and useful for recovering photo’s - designed to retrieve them from corrupted memory cards.
It’s recovered pictures I never knew I had
Sounds good. Thanks for the head-up :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2302105]Another option would be PC Inspector Smart Recovery. It’s freeware, but there is no Vista compatible version yet (according to their FAQ).

Michael[/QUOTE]

I never had an issue with this tool…

[QUOTE=chef;2303673]I never had an issue with this tool…[/QUOTE]
Me either. It’s just useless, and a waste of time.
At best it’s a slow undeleter … but you can get programs that can undelete files in a matter of seconds, rather than hours of HDD scanning, not to mention the wear & tear on the HDD’s.

I used it once…it got more images off a damaged stick than any of 4 or 5 other softwares I tried.

…maybe a question of what caused the problem?

thanks for all the replies tried the recover software nothing i would imagine the disk half fried:)
G