How do I record interviews over the PC (mic + earphone sound together)?

vbimport

I would like to be able to record interviews that I do over my PC with a headset. I would like to be able to record these interviews so that both my questions and their answers (the conversation) is captured as an audio file.

More importantly I want to be able to do this over any software medium, any package, essentially what I hear in my earphones, what I say through my mic, even if they overlap, I want that in one digital audio stream.

What I find is that just using my motherboard’s soundcard is not enough. I think I need something more but I don’t have a clue what I need. I don’t mind purchasing hardware to do this but can anyone please suggest what I need to do. I know this is possible because their are many customer support services that are able to record support calls although I want to do this in my PC even if i need some extra hardware.

Any help is appreciated

I’m not sure what to use but here is some legal advice:
You need to inform anyone you are recording especially Audio that you are recording them.
Most states have laws that require both notification & permission.

Well thanks for the legal tip but its more complex than what you presented. Anyhow anyone know how this is done?

TotalRecorder

http://www.highcriteria.com/

Allows you to control what is recorded or just record it all.