How do I print labels onto my DVDs?

vbimport

Hey,

I’m not sure exactly what I have to do. But I don’t prefer the printer route and my reason for that is because I would have to design what I like and than print it, right? I think I pass. I prefer not to design myself. I have been told by someone I know but he forgets the name of the program, but he told me he had a program on his old laptop and I could either print a custom label or print an official label that it would be the same as a DVD. How do I print those kinds of labels that has the same design as a DVD I would buy? If this helps my blank media I use are Verbatim DVD+R. I don’t know if I have the right DVD drive in my computer but my drive is LabelFlash.

One program that you can use is Mediaface 5.0. It is free, just Google it. Then you can scan you original DVD Label and then print it. you can also find Memorex Labels that has the program with it. You do have to have a label printing program

Marty

Thank you! And what if they are computer burned DVDs but without the original printing label? Will it still work? Will this program work with Verbatim DVD+R? I don’t use Memorex. I use Verbatim AZO.

Without using a printer or something similar, you would have to have a Lightscribe drive and Lightscribe media, or a LabelFlash drive and LabelFlash media. You would know if the media was either one; it would be on the package, or on the disc itself, and the top surface would be special.

And even then, those labels are nothing quite like what comes from the various types of printers & the discs that support printing onto the top surface.

Maybe I don’t understand what you want. no matter how you do it you will have to either scan the DVD label into the program and the print it or you will have to at least type the name into the program and then print the label, the type of DVD that you have does not matter as you are printing on a paper label and then sticking that paper label onto the DVD.
Even if you have a printer that prints directly to a DVD you will have to put the information onto the label and then print that label

Marty

I have a Labelflash drive. I do not have the special media. Would JVC Taiyo Yuden be a type of media I need? If yes, which one between White Inkjet and Silver Lacquer?

[QUOTE=thor21344;2725458]Maybe I don’t understand what you want. no matter how you do it you will have to either scan the DVD label into the program and the print it or you will have to at least type the name into the program and then print the label, the type of DVD that you have does not matter as you are printing on a paper label and then sticking that paper label onto the DVD.
Even if you have a printer that prints directly to a DVD you will have to put the information onto the label and then print that label

Marty[/QUOTE]

If I am understanding you right in order to use that program I would need a printer and paper as well?

1.) What brand and model for a printer?

2.) What kind of paper would I need?

3.) If possible, could you link me to the printer and the paper I would need to buy?

Do not use paper labels on optical media. This has been known to cause problems for many years now.

Either buy special discs that can make a Labelflash label, or get an ink-jet printer and use ink-jet printable discs. Of the two, I’d pick the ink-jet printer route, as you can get vivid colors and a more exact rendering. You can get pictures of the original DVD at sites like Cdcovers.cc.

@Kerry56,

Some questions for you.

1.) What printer am I buying?

2.) What printing paper and/or labels do I need to buy?

3.) Could you please post links to everything I need to buy?

4.) Would JVC Taiyo Yuden be the brand I need? If yes, which one between these White InkJet or Silver Lacquer?

Will you please answer all of those questions?

Epson used to have the monopoly for consumer level optical disc printers in the US. Don’t know if that still holds true. Canon has some models that can print to disc.

The Epson Artisan 50 is an example: http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Artisan-Inkjet-Printer-C11CA45201/dp/B00275G08W/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1397670200&sr=1-2

No printing paper or labels necessary.

Here is an example of Verbatim inkjet printable discs.
Other brands and types are available.

The JVC/Taiyo Yuden Watershielddiscs should be very good quality, though expensive.

Thank you! Yikes, that’s pricey. I think I might have to stick with using a Sharpie and write by hand on the blank DVDs.

try this combination . printer “Canon pixma ip4950” and covers and labels from “Freecovers.net” fantastic results if you pay a small fee for the benefit of high res artwork.

[QUOTE=mosis14;2725539]try this combination . printer “Canon pixma ip4950” and covers and labels from “Freecovers.net” fantastic results if you pay a small fee for the benefit of high res artwork.[/QUOTE]

That printer does not come up when searching Amazon.

I decided how to do this and it would be using Sharpies cuz its easier and less stressful especially when a person never used these kinds of printers before, and using a Sharpie does not require time for first use where a printer does. I prefer the Sharpie route.

I made my true reasons and my opinions why a Sharpie would work better for me, therefore I am out of this discussion and I have nothing more to ask.

Please close this thread per my request. Thank you!