How do I move my Hotmail inbox into my HDD?

My account is near full and I need to move important emails into my HDD so I can begin clearing up.

I don’t think Hotmail has Pop/SMTP access, but Outlook Express works fine with it.

Set Outlook Express up for your Hotmail account using the Wizard. Afterwards, create a folder in ‘Local Folders’ and drag all the messages you want onto your local folder. Even the Inbox under ‘Local Folders’ will do fine. To verify if they are actually on your hard drive, disconnect from the web and try viewing a few message from your local folder. It shouldn’t ask for an Internet connection. I use to do this before I got fed up with spam and changed to oceanfree.net. :wink:

I’ve tried, it says “An unknown error has occured”. Would this have anything to do with my MS Outlook version being ancient (v 5.000.2919.6600 on 1995-1999)?

just save the attachments you want.
or forward the emails to another acccount
or save them as text files.

depends on the types of emails/content

Its not the attachments I want, its the individual emails. Like one of my sisters got married, the resulting flurry of emails (apart from calls, etc) I want to record for sentimental reasons.

It would be best if I can just download the lot straight away, because we are talking about hundreds of emails here.

outlook express definatley then !

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
Would this have anything to do with my MS Outlook version being ancient (v 5.000.2919.6600 on 1995-1999)?

Outlook does not support integration with Hotmail. You have to use Outlook Express only!

I do have Outlook Express. I am using it at the moment (sorry for the misunderstanding). But when I try to receive my mail folders, it says “This service does not currently work with Outlook Express.”

Also,
Configuration:
Account: http://www.hotmail.com
Server: http://www.hotmail.com
User name: name@hotmail.com
Protocol: HTTPMail
Port: 0
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 80042007

Basically the easiest thing to do is to create a new account , with the signup being ur email address at hotmail

outlook express immediately recognises a hotmail address and logins to ur hotmail folder.

it takes some time but it works…

Munz