How do I mount the image file?

First let me say that I have no idea what I’m doing. I mean, I’m really clueless! :slight_smile:

I downloaded a PC game, and have no idea how to get it going. The instructions seemed simple, and probably are, but I’m lost.

1. Unrar image file
  2. Mount or burn
  3. Install and play

I extracted the winrar archive file, but then what do I do? How do I mount the image file? All I can do is extract it. Am I making any sense?

Can somebody please explain? :smiley:

Do you have a CD/DVD burner? Is the image intended to be a CD or DVD? Do you have an image burning program such as Imgburn or CD-speed by NERO (both freeware)? If so, you should be able to burn the image to a CD-R. If not, there is a freeware (for personal use) virtual drive program called Deamon Tools that will create an emulated disk drive on your computer and allow you to “mount” an image (sort of the same thing as “inserting a disk” into a hardware DVD/CD drive. Regards, gamma1.

what game is it and where was the PC game downloaded from? i can’t think of any game sites that distribute via .rar files.

also not sure why you’re unraring an image. you unrar a rar archive. you mount an image.

I downloaded a PC game, and have no idea how to get it going. The instructions seemed simple, and probably are, but I’m lost.

1. Unrar image file
  2. Mount or burn
  3. Install and play

This is clearly an illegal task and also download.

Please read and follow the forum rules.