How do I modify my CCD image file?

Alright, say I have a 700 Mb CD which I will be using to backup a 650 Mb game. I also have a 20 Mb patch which I want to include in the backup CD, which I downloaded off the company website.

I don’t want to use 2 650/700 & 20/700 CDs when I can clearly fit the lot into a 670/700 Mb CD. But I need to use CloneCD to defeat the copy protection, and I haven’t found a way to append/add stuff to the image files yet.

Any suggestions?

You can’t do it. Even if you could, it would be ruining the 1:1 copy, cause it wouldn’t be 1:1 anymore.

The CD is copied 1:1 as CCDKing points out. I have tried to add a folder with errr a way around things (out of sheer interest) and there’s nothing in the consumer line that can do it. Apparently the TOC needs to be modified (and Lead In and Lead Out) because it needs to describe what’s on the disc

We would still be producing a 1:1 backup of the original disc you bought, because everything that is in the original is in the copy (lets ignore generation errors for the moment). But I just want to add relevant stuff to ‘complete’ the CD and use the space prudently - like patches, updates, FAQs and walkthroughs I downloaded off the net.

Can CloneCD be used to leave an open/multisession ToC so that we can use Nero or similar to add stuff to the CD, as the patches, etc. would not be copy protected?

Couldn’t he use Winiso to add files? Or is this game protected?

Originally posted by Smabbage
Couldn’t he use Winiso to add files? Or is this game protected?
Done all that. I tried to create a disc with updates etc and it never worked

I know i shouldnt be saying this, but if you are going to be adding files to the cd its not a 1-1 copy anyway, so u may as well just replace the exe with a cracked version. Not that I’m advocating using cracks of course, and I mention this purely theoretically.

If its not a copy protected title then you shouldnt have any problems, and nero or any other mastering software could handle it.

O and just out of a matter of interest, My homeworld cd got so bad that it couldnt install anywhere, and like a fool Id neglected to make a backup, so I went out and bought another copy on sale (only something like £3 or 4), which was a “sold out” budget version, and included all the updates and manuals on the cd. Anyway, this cd refused to verify until I installed the included patch, so It shows that it has been done comercially :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Gorskar
[B]I know i shouldnt be saying this, but if you are going to be adding files to the cd its not a 1-1 copy anyway, so u may as well just replace the exe with a cracked version. Not that I’m advocating using cracks of course, and I mention this purely theoretically.

If its not a copy protected title then you shouldnt have any problems, and nero or any other mastering software could handle it. [/B]

Just because you add official files to the CD does not make it a cracked version. You might as well be saying that the company that releases patches for their program to address issues is cracking their .exe files.

Cracks are meant to circumvent copy protection. Here, the copy protection is completely intact, as is the original I bought.

Note that companies often sell ‘updated’ versions of their programs as well - I recently bought a White Label compilation of Descent 1 & 2 from a retail store. They also supplied in the box update files.

Well, as you read above, it isn’t possible. I wish I could tell you how to do it, but an algorithm doesn’t exist, and probably never will, however, you can try all you want, but you will get a coaster. Gorskar is right though, if you want to add files to the disc, you will have to add a cracked EXE to the disc as well, which is illegal because it modifies the data originally created by the makers. In other words, its just not possible, and you have to make the best of that, sorry.

I don’t see why you have to crack the .exe if you just add files to the backup CD. The copy protection program would just look for whatever it wants in the back’ed up section of the CD, and ignore any other junk you put at the end. I doubt it would do things like check the total # of files in the CD, etc.

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
[B]

Just because you add official files to the CD does not make it a cracked version. You might as well be saying that the company that releases patches for their program to address issues is cracking their .exe files.

[/B]

I didnt say adding official files would make it a cracked version, I was talking about adding the cracked files. Please read more carefully.

As CCDking pointed out is the only way to make it work that we know of, but is not exactly legal.

Back to the question on hand:
I think every copy protection worth its salt would do a simple check of the cd’s size from the TOC.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE