How do I make the first session invisible on a DVD-R?

vbimport

Since most of you have a hard time reading beyond the first post and prefer beating up the newbie instead of thinking outside the box and come up with something workable (and NO, it’s NOT the same question!), now hear this:

How do I make the first session invisible on a DVD-R? So that my stand-alone DVD player ONLY sees the 2nd session? (like it does on a pc) To be sure, I’m talking about a DVD-R which is not finalized and half full.

In effect, the result should be that the stand-alone DVD player thinks the second session is the first one.
I guess what i’m asking is how to change the TOC or the FAT (or whatever it’s called) of the DVD-R?

I know it IS possible coz whenever I used to add stuff to a non-finalized disc (CD-R’s and DVD-R’s) with some free space on it, it didn’t see the first session anymore, just the second one. I just don’t know how to do that anymore.

This question is not significantly different from your first post, and I didn’t see anyone beating you up in there else I would have intervened. But, just to make you more welcome, I’m going to treat this as a separate question. :slight_smile: Normally this would be seen as a crosspost and against the rules. Your other thread will be closed.

I’ve seen Nero completely frack up the burns on multisession and show only the latest session that is burned, but it is not something I have tried to do intentionally. Nor do I recommend multisession at all on dvd media. So, I personally don’t have an answer for you.

I’d just buy some more dvds which aren’t astronomically priced and burn normally…and close out each disk.

I see a significant diff between:
[B]ERASING [/B]a dvd-r/dvd+r and making the first session [B]unreadable[/B], but i guess that’s just me. And being made fun of for the wrong reason is annoying.

“Nor do I recommend multisession at all on dvd media”.
Yah. This is your personal pref, and it is not mine.
If i COULD buy cheap dvd-r’s, I would have believe me, it’ beats being made fun by some bunch with the attitudes of 12 year olds.

anyway thanks for telling me you don’t know either.

thats something at least.

First thanks for comparing any answer you might get to a 12 year old attitude.It’s been a long time since I was 12 & a return to the attitude I had then would be refreshing.

I like many other members haven’t done what you are trying so we really don’t know how.
Some here myself included & I know Kerry56 does will go the extra mile to help.
It’s a lot harder to do for someone that starts with the attitude you have that you will get beat up instead of getting help.& even if you do get help it will be from some member with the attitude of a 12 year old.However you shouldn’t knock 12 year olds that might be the age of the member that has the answer.
I know that a standalone can delete title on part of an RW .I have never tried that with a + or - R as it would ruin that part of the disc.
You don’t want to waste a disc but basically that’s what you are asking members that might help you to do.Plus spend the time to find a method of doing something they don’t plan to do.

kneegrow wrote:

Since most of you have a hard time reading beyond the first post and [I]prefer beating up the newbie [/I]instead of thinking outside the box and come up with something workable (and NO, it’s NOT the same question!), [B]now hear this:[/B]
[B]And being made fun of for the wrong reason is annoying.[/B]
I see a significant diff between:
ERASING a dvd-r/dvd+r and making the first session unreadable, but i guess that’s just me. And being [I]made fun of[/I] for the wrong reason is annoying.

“Nor do I recommend multisession at all on dvd media”.
Yah. This is your personal pref, [I]and it is not mine[/I].
If i COULD buy cheap dvd-r’s, I would have believe me, it’ [I]beats being made fun by some bunch with the attitudes of [B]12 year olds[/B].[/I]

[I]anyway thanks for telling me you don’t know either.
[/I]
thats something at least.

Then you reply to a noobie(on other forum) with this:

If you don’t know how to save a file, you really should take a course in computer skills 101?
If you ask those type of questions, people are gonna suspect you’re lazy and will appear unwilling to help you, count me among those. You really sound like you’re asking for directions to the post office, and then ask instructions on how to cross the street properly (“Does one wait on the red light, or not?”), feel me? It’s that low a level.
Most likely, that’s just me.

Now, who is willing to help the noobies in your opinion?..:rolleyes:
It’s all about "attitude’’…