How Do I Make My AnyDVD/CloneDVD Burnings Region Free?

Hey, guys! Brand new to the forum. I just downloaded ANYDVD and CloneDVD and was wondering how I could make my burned DVD region free or at least region 1 since I am in the US. My computer can play different regions with no problems. So far, I was able to successfully rip and burn a region 2 DVD, but my burned DVD copy still appears to be region 2 (It won’t play on my region 1 DVD players). How can I make sure that my burned DVDs are region free or region 1? Thanks!

AnyDVD removes the RPC region code, thus making the movie region free and viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software. So, the problem is not with the software.

I have the trial versions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Are you saying that AnyDVD can make my region 2 DVD playable in my region 1 DVD players (not my computer)? Not sure how to do that either.

To play region2 on region1 DVD player is not a matter of region, but a file format.
Region1 is NTSC, region2 is PAL. If our player can convert PAL to NTSC on the fly, than you should be OK, because AnyDVD makes rip region free.
If you are in North America, only few players can do this, you will have to red manual if it is possible with yours.

I just tried burning a region 4 DVD and the copy is still region 4 as well. It will play in my region free Philips DVD player but not my standard Sony region 1 player. Crap. I was hoping AnyDVD could convert my burnings to region free but apparently that’s not the case from what I’m now reading. It doesn’t seem worth it pay $100 or or more the full versions of both programs then, at least in my case since.

What I don’t get is what is the DVD are you from? Are you sure the Region 4 isn’t on the standalone player and not the media? Cause it seems unclear from reading your last comment?? I haven’t tried copying Pal region dvd as I don’t own any. But from my understanding the Anydvd software is made for all DVD region that will change them to DVD region free media as to why your region isn’t going Region free you might want to check your hardware region settings or something isn’t right there. I am from Region 1 and my dvd go Region free after using Anydvd. If you having that much problem you might and should contact Slysoft as to the nature of your problem. And to the price reason for buying cause with Anydvd you can play HD video without expensive GPU card hardware to watch those video and it also does BD so to just say it’s to expensive is without cause. Also with Anydvd running in taskbar it should in running let you play other Region dvd on your computer or laptop without having you to change your DVD region feature. This is a big bonus of Anydvd in my mind. I have yet to find another software with all this together in a single package for what Anydvd does. This is in no way saying one must buy it it comes down to the users if they want to but one shouldn’t overlook the benefits it offers as well.

It could be your trail version or go into settings and make sure region free is checked.
I use AnyDVD and it definitely rip disc region free.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2199934]It could be your trail version or go into settings and make sure region free is checked.
I use AnyDVD and it definitely rip disc region free.[/QUOTE]

Same here I just check the default settings boxes are checked maybe the OP should check their default settings to see if anything was unchecked.

[QUOTE=supes78;2199785]I just tried burning a region 4 DVD and the copy is still region 4 as well. It will play in my region free Philips DVD player but not my standard [B]Sony[/B] region 1 player. Crap. I was hoping AnyDVD could convert my burnings to region free but apparently that’s not the case from what I’m now reading. It doesn’t seem worth it pay $100 or or more the full versions of both programs then, at least in my case since.[/QUOTE]

maybe the problem lies with the bold lettering

it probably doesn’t like playing copied films.

a cheap & cheerfull dvd player will probably play everything you throw at it.

but theres also the PAL > NTSC to get around

supes78 double click the redfox in your notification bar. When the box pops up click on settings and make sure everything has a check mark next to it and that your default region is states/Canada. Once that is done then when you use anydvd and clonedvd together your backup will be region free but it will still be in PAL format. Also if you are using DVD+R media then you need to make sure your DVD player can play that type of disc as I believe clonedvd does not booktype them. Another thing if the copies are still region 2 or 4 then your DVD player with say wrong region DVD but if the picture is not viewable then it is because your DVD player cannot play PAL format and you will have to get a DVD player that can play both PAL and NTSC as region 2 and 4 are in PAL format.

Thanks for all the help guys. Having never burned DVDs before, I’m at a loss to know what programs like AnyDVD and CloneDVD are apt to do. My settings definitely are checked for region free so it must be the PAL to NTSC issue that’s preventing my standalone DVD players for playing my burnings. Bummer.

I noticed that the slysoft website has a promotion where they are offering a 20% discount and lifetime free updates, until Sunday, January 18 2009, which is today. The total cost for AnyDVDHD and CloneDVD is $100USD. My question is, is this a one time charge and then the programs are mine with free updates for life? And how do they define “lifetime”?

This offer is till January, after that you will have to pay for updates.
It is lifetime of the company, because they may get shut down, like many others.
Clone DVD has also ability to shrink DVd9 to DVD5, if you have any other free software to do that and burn, you do not need it.
DVD Shrink is one of them, but not so good for compression bellow 85%.

I see. But if I purchase the programs, they’ll continue to work even if slysoft goes under right?

[QUOTE=supes78;2200507]I see. But if I purchase the programs, they’ll continue to work even if slysoft goes under right?[/QUOTE]

yes, it will still work, but any newer protection will not be covered as there will be nobody around to update anydvd

Well, I decided to go ahead and purchase the programs. They are very easy to use compared to other programs and other users seem to have little complaints, if any. Thanks for the input!