How do I make a good ISO?

Hello. I want to make a copy of my game to play right off the computer.

First off how do you do it?

Well I have used the Daemontools drive to make it work but then the game was quite slow(slower than with CD) so maybe it’s not the right way. What is?

Thanks

please reffer to the sticky note at the top of the forum called clonecd down and dirty… will answer all your questions on burning almost any game with protection.

Hmm, it was hard to get that to answer my question. Remember I’m a newbie! Do I just put an image to the disk and then play it with Daemontools or is there something else?

using daemon tools to play straight from the hard drive is correct. it may seem slower, as daemon is re-creating the cd’s structure from the binary file.

So how do I make it faster?

Originally posted by ckin2001
using daemon tools to play straight from the hard drive is correct. it may seem slower, as daemon is re-creating the cd’s structure from the binary file.
No, no. Once mounted the image file is a CD, it’s faster than a real one. If swenske or venom386 read this, you’d go straight to virtual hell :wink:

Originally posted by Peare
Hmm, it was hard to get that to answer my question. Remember I’m a newbie! Do I just put an image to the disk and then play it with Daemontools or is there something else?
Read the manual at www.daemon-tools.com and join the forum. D-Tools will mount .cue or .ccd files (both generated by CloneCD. If it’s running slowly then you have a system instability problem

Yeah maybe that’s the problem. I go to PC Pitstop and I get a red flag for my hard disk. How do I fix the problem? BTW I use Windows ME.