How do I make a 1:1 copy of Desperados?

vbimport

I have this little problem with Desperados… I have tried copying it using Clony+CloneCD but it just won’t work! I also have problems playing the original, it doesn’t start. If anyone has the same problems then please help me.

The game is protected with Laserlock, maybe it’s a new version? Anyway: It takes 1 hour to finish the reading. Is that normal?

/Grongi

Well the answer seems pretty obvious: if the original doesn’t work properly, you cannot expect the backup to work. It sound to me you have a damaged disc…

Greets and goodluck

with all though respect, you’re wrong
I got it to work once, but I don’t remember how…
If anyone has made a 1:1 copy of desperados or has a cd-copy crack for it please tell me

thank you for your answer G@mefre@k!

/Grongi

Yes I can understand that but I mean how do you want to test the back-up if the original doesn’t play. You say it worked one time but there’s no way to tell if the back-up is really a coaster this way…

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding you. You (probably) can get a no-CD crack at www.gamecopyworld.com

Greets!

Thanks, but I already tried that…
thanks anyway

Is it a copy of a copy??? That could be a problem if it is.
Case in point. About a year I tried to copy a copy of the sybex e lab ccna trainer and it caused me a load of grief. I borrowed the original cd, and burnt a perfect copy of it without a problem. I then tried it again using the old copy and it didnt work. It had some version of safedisc on it.

Thanks for the tip, but I found out the real problem:
I had installed the swedish version of DirectX, but the game needed the english. Pretty stupid, but if anyone has the same problem, then thats the solution.

/Grongi

Glad to hear that you sucessfully copied. We all make mistakes from time to time. (I accidentally deleted everything in the temp folder when I went to dos mode,
real pain in the behind trying to get it working again.)

: )

Thanks, but actually I didn’t succeed making a copy. But now. at least the original game. Please check out the post about a new laserlock protection and you will understand.

/Grongi

Ruh roh you said new laserlock?? Hmm, have to some research on that…Ever seen one with CD-COps on it those are a real pain in the ass

Originally posted by cloakdoa
Hmm, have to some research on that…Ever seen one with CD-COps on it those are a real pain in the ass

Yes indeed. Luckily this protection is not that common. I had one, but I could crack it with McLallo’s CD-Cops Decrypter… I wonder why CloneCD doesn’t support this protection?

It absolutely should. Maybe next version?

/Grongi

You can read in the other items how to backup.

There is a good crack on Gamecopyworld. Its works fine. You must take the crack of game.exe not the desperados.exe.

Greetz

I already use a crack, but thanks anyway.
Check out the post: new laserlock protection for more info on this one…

/Grongi

Hi.I had the same problems with Desperados. Made 3 Coasters with CloneCd; than I
burned the ccd.img with CDRWin 3.8 and it works.

I didn’t know CDRWIN supports “intelligent sector scanner”? Or does it?

/Grongi