How do I load 2 OS and 2 HDD in 1 PC?

vbimport

Basically, I want to be able to load Windows 7 on 1 Hard Drive and Mac OS X
Snow Leopard onto another Hard Drive. Is this possible so that I can select which OS I use when booting up the computer?

Assuming your computer is a modern Mac, take a look at this article about setting up a dual boot with Boot Camp: http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

Hi,

in general, you can install two different operating systems on two different HDDs like this:
Connect HDD1 only and install operating system #1
Disconnect HDD1, connect HDD2 and install operating system #2
Reconnect HDD1 then.
You can chose the operating system by invoking the bootmenu that is present in most modern computer’s Bios.

Please note, you can’t install OSX on ordinary PCs. I am aware that hacked versions of that OS are floating around, but we won’t help you with that. :cop:

Michael

If your computer is not a Mac, check in BIOS if your mainboard is able to select the boot device sequence.

All recent boards allow to select which drive you can use as first boot device (for example if you have two sata drives connected to the slots SATA0 and SATA1, you can choose if booting from device connected to SATA1).

In this way you can install both operative systems in separate drives.

I suggest to use a single HDD when installing the operative system, just to be sure to avoid a mess, i.e. install first a single HDD and install win 7, then remove that HDD, install the other HDD in the different slot, and install the other operative system.

Once both systems are installed, you can connect both drives and then select from BIOS which one is the first boot device.

Alternatively, you can install one of the two operative systems (preferably the one you’ll use lesser) on an external drive connected to an USB port. When you need to use that operative system, simply insert the HDD on the USB port and boot the computer (again, you must set BIOS to boot first from an USB device)

:doh: Michael was faster :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2488208]Hi,

in general, you can install two different operating systems on two different HDDs like this:
Connect HDD1 only and install operating system #1
Disconnect HDD1, connect HDD2 and install operating system #2
Reconnect HDD1 then.
You can chose the operating system by invoking the bootmenu that is present in most modern computer’s Bios.

Please note, you can’t install OSX on ordinary PCs. I am aware that hacked versions of that OS are floating around, but we won’t help you with that. :cop:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Would it be possible if I loaded OSX onto a Mac HDD?

You could purchase two hard drives and two [B]mobile racks[/B].

The Operating Systems can be swicthed by simply removing one rack and sliding in another.
They would be [B]COMPLETELY[/B] isolated from each other with no chance of corruption. This is like having two computers with identical hardware.

[QUOTE=philipk;2488305]Would it be possible if I loaded OSX onto a Mac HDD?[/QUOTE][ol]
[li]Yes, you can install OSX on a Mac.
[/li][li]No, this HDD won’t work in a non-Mac.
[/li][li]Next question regarding OSX installation on a PC will remain unanswered and the thread be closed. :cop:
[/li][/ol]

Michael