Quote from my other thread on 109 issues!
Some of this is off topic, but you will need it later when new FW comes out!
"Please check out the other threads to make sure you have the 109 installed correctly! The 109 is a very nice unit!
Things to check!
- 80 pin cable
- some mobos will not do any FW flash without the dvr program
- some systems will not do a flash without a blank disk in the tray
- will not perform correctly on some IDE PCI cards.
- on and on and on
And oh yes it is a pain in the butt, but a fine drive once crossflashed to a A09XL."
Make sure you have the correct drive selected in dvrupdate. Also use the 1.58 A09 FW!
Re: Pioneer 109 Burning Speed Increase
You have not crossflashed if the quiet drive utility does not show. Check the other threads out!
- Once I cross flashed it was a perfect drive.
From the Pioneer 109 forum
Download the 109v1.58 firmware
Extract the files and delete the Pioneer upgrade (UPGR109.exe). You will be left with 2 files, R9100009.158 & R9100109.158.
Download DVRupdate 0.9 /2.1
Extract DVRupdate 0.9.exe /2.1 to the same folder as the 2 files above.
Run DVRupdate 0.9/2.1 and do the following:
1) Select your drive from the 'Device' drop down box
2) Select the Kernel file by clicking the folder icon to the right of the 'Kernel' field. The correct file will automatically be selected if you have run DVRupdate from the same folder as the R9100009.158 & R9100109.158 files.
3) Select the Normal file by clicking the folder icon to the right of the 'Normal' field. The correct file will automatically be selected if you have run DVRupdate from the same folder as the R9100009.158 & R9100109.158 files.
4) Click 'Start'
The operation takes about a minute. Exit DVRupdate.
NEC 3500 2.TGfast
NEC 3450 103C
Plextor 716a 1.08
Aopen 1608/1616 102
Pioneer 109/A09 158/Quiet drive P mode
Sony 875P & 333ES
Two Dell 8400s with SATA HDs