How do i know whether a DVD contains 1:1 rip of been recoded by eg dvd2one?

vbimport

1. How do i know whether a DVD contains 1 to 1 rip or been recoded by eg dvd2one??
    Those has been recoded seems to be the same as 1 to 1 ripes the same as recoded one @ least to me<< newbie in dvd backup, is there a way to tell the difference i.e. through files etc or a utility to scan??

2)does dvd2one offers better quality than those high quality avi, where 25mins avi is about 230 mb or more??

Ur Help appreciated :bow: :bow:

the most obvious way would be to compare the file sizes.

Open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in Notepad (or other text editor) and the word DVD2ONE will appear in the first line (or near the top) if its been compressed with DVD2One.

:iagree:

Thx for the first reply one
How about this question??
2)does dvd2one offers better quality than those high quality avi, where 25mins avi is about 230 mb or more??

High quality AVIs use mpeg4 compression that is more efficient but unfortunately few standalone players support this format. Even if you do get such a player some files may will not work depending on how they’ve been encoded. As for better in picture quality - I’d say yes as it’s re-encoding the video rather than transcoding it.

So in other words u r saying those 230MB 25 mins avi r better quality than those recoded using dvd2one??

Hmmm, I didn’t do the maths earlier. 25 minutes of avi producing a 230Mb file would translate to 828Mb for one-and-a-half hours of avi. However if the unaltered AC3 soundtrack is kept rather than converting to mp3 then you’d get an avi file of roughly 1.2Gb in size. I used to convert 90 min movies to 2 CD backups. For longer movies, I used 3 CDs but they were still much smaller than a DVD in size. Trouble was I had to hook up my PC to the telly with a composite output. Doesn’t produce anything like the picture quality compared to a standalone DVD player with an RBG SCART connection.

So the ~230mb avi produce better quality than dvd2one??

Your 230mb avi:
25 min avi = 230Mb = 9.2Mb per minute = 778 kbit/sec data rate (excluding audio at 448 kbit/sec Dolby Digital 5.1); including audio = 1226 kbit/sec

dvd2one will produce better quality than your 25 min/230mb avi