How do I identify which dvd r/w burner/player I have?

I have a Gateway Profile 5.5 and until just a few days ago, everything worked fine with the dvd drive/burner/player. I looked up the specs for the burner on Gateway and learned there should be a dvd - rw. When I run Nero, it tells me the burner is a dvd + rw. I cannot figure out how this has happened. Can anyone please tell me how to identify exactly what burner/player I have? I’ve tried to figure it out on my own and am not having any luck.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

ImgBurn gives some information about the installed drives. Just select the “Burn mode” first :slight_smile:

Thank you, but I haven’t a clue as to where to find ImgBurn. Can you point me in the right direction?

www.imgburn.com

Your Device Manager shows the make/model…ie hit Start/right click Computer/drop to Properties/on System Properties hit the Hardware tab/then hit Device Manager. About 3-4 entries down is CD\DVDROM DRIVES, click + and there you go.

I would recommend just looking in your copmuter device manager. You don’t really need to download a software to do that for you.