How Do I Get Nero To Capture Video?

I have a Motorola 6412 DCT HDTV DVR cable box. I am using CapDVHS to capture video and then Nero to make a DVD. Nero doesn’t “see” the Motorola. I have a 1394 connection between the cable box and my PC. Any suggestions?

Wolf

Try using Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 you can download it of any P2P file sharing program (LimeWire, eDonkey, eMule, Kazza, ext.) and use the Video Captrue.

Thanks for the suggestion but I would prefer using Nero for the entire process. Nero allows me to encode 5.1 audio to a DVD. I’m thinking it’s a driver issue that prevents Nero from being able to capture the Motorola.

Wolf

For me it is a driver issue. When I start the video capture process on Nero my PC reboots/ or blue screens depending on Error option I chose. A quick look at the log reveals the driver for the 6412 is responsible. If I un-install the driver, I can cap video from another source fine in Nero.

I remember when I first connected my cable box to the PC over firewire. I was blown away. Then I started discovering all the limitations and converting the TS files to DVD format was close to impossible without heavily interlaced crap.

Please let me know if you have made any progress.

hey uhm… have you been able to back up PC data on DVHS over firewire?