How do i get movies to play on my tv

i AM LOOKING FOR A DEVICE THAT HAS AN INTERNAL HARD DRIVE WHERE I CAN PUT MY MOVIES ON IT AND WITHOUT USING MY COMPUTER, PLAY THE MOVIES ON A TV. I HAVE HEARD OF TVIX BUT RIGHT NOW I AM UNABLE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEIR SIGHT. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS TO MY PROBLEM???

Welcome to the forum pmac0014.

The type of device you are looking for is called a media player. One of the most popular of these is called the Western Digital TV Live Hub. Some of the WD TV Live devices use external hard drives, but this one comes with its own internal drive.

You can see it here at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Media-Center-Full-HD/dp/B004GK0GKO

You’ll have to rip your movies on the computer and transfer them onto this device.

By the way, please don’t post in all capital letters. This is an indication that you are shouting, and is considered rude on internet forums.

Check out the MK808 PC sticks. I have one and it works remarkably well for movie playback and video streaming sites like Netflix. They can be found for $50-$60US. These units come with 8gb internal storage but also has a micro SD slot and an OTG USB port and can read external hard drives. It has HDMI output and supports a wireless keyboard and mouse. It runs Android 4.1 and has a wealth of apps available through Google Play. It makes for a decent HTPC and is a capable device. Heck, it even supports Flash Player.

Will any of these record off of a DVR? :slight_smile:

Do you mean transfer files from a DVR? If it is a DVR then it records already.

Yes, my bad. I was going to install a capture card in my P.C., but a stand alone device sounds real tempting. “Hi!” by the way. :slight_smile:

My .02 cents to the OP but “CAPS” is considered yelling and doesn’t get much help so OP for future request for help “No CAPS”.

Howdy. :wink: Since the device uses Android it might not have an app available to do something that ambitious but then again there are apps that record video from built-in cameras. I think it has enough computing power to record 720p and probably 1080p since it has a dual core CPU and a quad core GPU.

The two choices of input are streaming via wireless or a USB device that has Android capability.

How about the " Movie Channel " ? Na, just kidding. You need something like UTR said below, a USB device that has Android capability.:wink: