How do I get BlindWrite to burn cd's?

How do I get BlindWrite to burn cd’s? When I go into it, it asks me to select a CD ROM image…“to indicate a fileset (represented by a TOC control file) in which all CD data in contained”…what on earth does this mean? and why cant I select a cd?

This is supposed to be the best software out there (CloneCD, too) for making back-ups of copy-protected games…but I cant even figure out how to burn a CD, much less a game…

please, if anyone out there could forgive my infinite ignorance and help me, I would be most appreciative.

(Also, I’m trying to make a back-up of AvP2…and having a helluva time doing it…anyone know any way around it? I’ve tried GCW.com, but all they have are cracks for playing without the cd…)

Thanks, all.

You first need to create an image of your disc before you can write it… An image (single large file) is a digital copy of your original disc containing all files (with the protection) of the original disc. You can read more about using BlindSuite here.

AvP 2 is protected with Securom 2. You have to enable reading of subchannel data when creating the image and your burner must be able to write subchannel data. If you use CloneCD take a look here

F.P.

I have been totally ignorant on these things, and, as you can see, I am a total newbie in the whole world of cd-burning. The concept of copying an image of a cd onto one’s harddrive was totally foreign to me…but, thankfully, I have seen the light.

I had recently purchased a Sony burner…but after doing hours of research on this glorious site I came to realize what a mistake I made…I boxed it up and took it back.

My new Liteon 24102b is on the way!

: )

Thanks

Originally posted by lukaspriest
[B]I had recently purchased a Sony burner…but after doing hours of research on this glorious site I came to realize what a mistake I made…I boxed it up and took it back.

My new Liteon 24102b is on the way![/B]
LOL good choice indeed :wink: