How do i get a part of a movie?

vbimport

I wanted to use search but didn’t know to word it. Anyways I have a movie on my computer and I like one scene and I just wanted to keep that scene so I can delete the rest of the movie. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

DVD Shrink using the re-author mode. You can set the start/end frames.

Right on, DI!
I keep trying to wear this prog. out!

I’m having the same issue. I taped a TV show my friend was on on a DVD, and want just the section with him in it burned to the hard drive, and still be playable from the hard drive, and so I can laod it up to youtube for him.

::edit:: anyone know a free program to do this? I’m only going to use it once, otherwise I’d be willing to pay $30

[ol]
[/ol]As suggested by [B]Dialysis1[/B] in post #2 above: DVD Shrink (free).

You can set the preferences to save to hard disk as a MPEG2 file:

[ol]
[li]Go to ‘Edit’ -> ‘Preferences’[/li][li]Under ‘Output files’ tab, [B]un[/B]click the ‘Split VOB files…’ option[/li][li]Under ‘File I/O’ tab, [B]un[/B]click ‘Enable burning with Nero’ option[/li][li]Then:[/li][li]Use ‘reauthor mode’[/li][li]Choose ‘Custom’ target DVD size and select the max output size you want.[/li][li]Drag the main title across to left hand window[/li][li]Use markers to select start and end points[/li][li]Click ‘Backup’.[/li][li]Select backup target as ‘Hard disk folder’[/li][li][B]Un[/B]click the ‘Create VIDEO_TS…etc’ box[/li][li]Click ‘OK’[/li][/ol]
After processing you will have a .VOB file with .IFO and .BUP files. Delete everything except the .VOBs, and rename it to ‘.mpg’.

That’s your MPEG2 clip. :slight_smile:

I should mention this movie is an avi. file and not from a DVD movie.

AVI (Audio-Video Interleave) is a general name, it could be anything.
If you realy want help, you have to be more specific about codec used.

Is there a simple program that lets me cut out the part I want thats so I can save it as a separate video clip really easy and free. I don’t want to do anything complex. I don’t know what codec it uses.

[QUOTE=guardianlion;2132208]Is there a simple program that lets me cut out the part I want thats so I can save it as a separate video clip really easy and free. I don’t want to do anything complex. I don’t know what codec it uses.[/QUOTE]

For avi,try VirtualDub,or avidemux…
To find the codec needed or used on your avi use G-Spot

For AVI and simple try avidemux. Virtualdub looks a little intimidating at first…