How do I fix this Processing Error?

vbimport

Hi all,

Sometimes when I am trying to burn a DVD (using CloneDVD & AnyDVD)
I get a Processing Error d:/video_ts/vts_03_1.vob read error.
Data error(cyclic redundancy check) clean surface & try again. This happens about 3 times out of 10 when I am burning movies.

When I get this I clean the DVD and try again but it still comes up with the error. After 2 trys I end up having to shut my computer down and restart before it will work.

CloneDVD and AnyDVD are fantastic and I would HIGHLY recommend these to any movie fiend who is interrested in building their movie library.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct so I don’t have to shut down or better yet, how to stop the problem from occurring???

Di-Z

Have you updated ANYDVD to latest version?
New copy protections cause these errors, but then again, it could just be that the disc is damaged.

Have you tried ripping from a different DVD drive?

Yes, I did update AnyDVD when they sent me the notice. I only have 1 DVD drive so there is no other drive to use.

On the one DVD I did notice about a b-zillion scratches so maybe that was the reason behind that failure. But some of the other movies were new.

I did notice that when I shut down and waited for about 1 or 2 hours and then tried to burn the same DVD it worked just fine. Very strange.

Di-Z

Is your system getting very hot inside the case?

Are you burning on a laptop? If so heat can be a really big issue when ripping and burning dvds. If you have a sony dvd burner, the read write laser tends to wear out rather quickly and as the laser heats up it has problems reading disks. This can also cause the kind of error you are experiencing. Since your problem seems to go away after about an hour it is really suspicious for a heat related problem. If you will please post the specs of your system so that we can better help you.

sometimes they make a bad pressed dvd (and sometimes a whole batch of them) and the only recourse is to return the movie and try another one.