How do i firmware upgrade my LG GSA-4081B

vbimport

What software do i need so i can firmware upgrade my LG GSA-4081B to to the latest A104. I have checked that the current firware on my burner is A100. I have downloaded GSA4081_A104.exe but cannont run this program in Win XP.
Cheers

RnG

Welcome to CD Freaks forum.

What error message do you get when you try to run GSA4081_A104.exe

Could be a corrupt file, redownload and try again.

Post the error screen. :slight_smile:

Have the drive connected to one of the onboard connectors and remove any disk inside. By the way, the latest firmware I have for GSA-4081B is version A106.

Hi,
does the A106 firmware allow the LG gsa 4081B to burn double layer DVD? I think I read it somewhere but am not sure.

I only have the Nero 6.0 sw, so I think that I’d need a sw that recognizes DL, right?

The is no DL support in the 408x firmwares.

Hi I have the LG GSA-4081B, I bought it used. It worked perfect when I bought it and it read everything, but a couple months later, it started to not be able to read/write any type of media. So I upgraded it from A100 to A106 and it started working perfect again for about 2 weeks. Now it doesn’t work at all (read/write any media). Is there any solution to this?

Im having the Exact same problem as DarkDragon03 but i have the LG GSA-4082B and bought it new.

Hi,

I read that that was the whole idea of the firmware upgrades to A104 was to give the LG 4081B the dual-layer burning feature.

[QUOTE=henseman;2557984]Hi,

I read that that was the whole idea of the firmware upgrades to A104 was to give the LG 4081B the dual-layer burning feature.[/QUOTE]

Have you read all posts in this thread yet??