Just did this with mine, I cut and pasted the instructions someone else posted here earlier to a text file . . . here it is - just do what it says!
Note - many suggest running the flasher from safe mode but mine gave me an error (aspi or something if I remember right . . .) so I just ran it from Windows and it worked fine.
How to crossflash the Benq 1620
There have been a lot of questions lately on how this is accomplished and what is the best method to use etc....here is what I did and have so far had ZERO problems. This is for those people who have the G7 OEM firmware...
- First go to http://dvdpro.club.st/firmware/BENQ_FW.htm
- Grab the windows flasher called WinDWFlash.exe
- Grab B7P9.CVT
- Flash to B7P9 using the windows flasher
- Reboot computer
- Now grab B7T9 from Benq site here http://support.benq.com/files/stora...DW1620/B7T9.zip
- Run the exe and flash to B7T9, reboot computer and finished.
I would choose to go to B7P9 as this was the first Pro firmware out. Also there has been speculation about the integrity of the CVT file for B7T9. Using the exe from benq will assure no problems. Please add comments to help those who need it....